Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

James Smith on message boards & recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 4, 2013.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap LSUsports.net

Most of the Top schools do not allow the romper room style atmosphere that is allowed & even encouraged on TOS. The boards that do allow it somewhat, are teams not in the Top 20, and have generally been losing for a long time.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap LSUsports.net

Naw man, got bolted in with no Gus Grissom explosive hatch.

Yes life I'd right outside, & it ain't always ugly either. Of course maybe your's is..don't know.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Tigers, Saints, Rangers

Constructive criticism is one thing, what passes for "criticism" on most boards is something else. "Miles is a moron and LSU will never win as long as he is the coach" is not helpful. Recruits keep hearing this from the fanbase and they want to play for the genius in Tuscaloosa who wins NCs rather than the idiot in Baton Rouge who can't win anything. Thin skin doesn't factor in. We even hear LSU fans say players go to Alabama because they want to be coached up for the next level. Fact is, LSU has had more players drafted in the last 10 years and more first rounders in that time than Alabama. So why do the negatigers keep saying that Miles can't get his players NFL ready. I'm not saying internet boards are the reason LA players choose Bama, maybe they just like the sound of a waterfall. But I do know that the constant drumbeat of Les is a moron who always underachieves and who will never win another NC is not drawing players to LSU.
    StaceyO, didit, Robidoux87 and 7 others like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

Cade Foster? Care to weigh in?
  5. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

This, this and this. I've never been a recruit, but if I were, "stability" would be a factor in choosing a school. I want to know that the coach who recruits me is going to be there for my 4 years. I also know that fans can pressure a school into making a coaching change. So - elevating my hypothetical status to that of 4-star recruit who is considering LSU and Alabama - when I see one program's fan base constantly bashing its coach, and the other school erecting a statue to its coach, I'm putting the checkmark for stability firmly in the Alabama column.
    TigerTap and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Then we may as well quit recruiting, b/c that probably describes a majority of the 16-18 y/o being recruited. They are impacted by the information they hear, whether it's from the coaches from the school recruiting them, rival coaches recruiting them, active and former players, persons in their community, and, yes, message boards. That is the modern world we live in. To think it doesn't affect recruits, many of whom are quality athletes we want, and hopefully quality people (that's for the coaches to assess) is being naive, and quite honestly, close minded. It's easy to say you don't want them and they need to get thicker skin. They will in time, and part of that skin thickening is happening in adolescence, but they are not even adults yet and this will be a part of that growing process. Their skin will thicken over time, but we want that to take place in the environment of LSU and our coaches, not elsewhere, which is what this attitude promotes.
    Winston1 and TigerTap like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yep.
    cajdav1 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

Gee, I guess LSU fans are the only ones.........
    furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap LSUsports.net

That's what little children say when they've done something wrong.
    "Well, he/she did it too!"
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

"Doesn't have the chest"

These kids best get used to it. It wont stop. NFL fans are worse.
    furduknfish likes this.