James Smith on message boards & recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Top prospects in the country can probably see that he is a moron all on their own and make the decision to go elsewhere with or without reading a message board.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Id hate for some of y'all to be dictator, free speech right out the window. The conversations on this board are reflective of the atmosphere surrounding the program in reality.

If you want to control PR, get les a better speech writer or restrict access to the media.

There is a reason Saban is well regarded nationally relative to miles and it has nothing to do with message boards.

Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Summer football camps, recruiting visits, interaction with current players and coaches, life long dreams, educational opportunities, etc.... Negative comments on message boards would seem to be way down on the list of things that decide where a commitment falls, unless vanity is so much that what is said by anonymous people on the internet actually means something.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

The problem is that most of us are grown men who experienced our adolesence outside of the information age and the 24 hour news cycle. So we can't relate to what a high school kid sees on a daily basis. We can call them thin-skinned all we want, but for the most part, none of us had constant access to any form of ongoing information at that age. I acknowledge that this generation is different. But at the same time, most of us only had to deal with criticism or see conflict in a vacuum. These kids get it and see it from across a broad spectrum. Hell yes this stuff matters. I guarantee it.

It's extremely close-minded for us to just assume they need to toughen up without acknowledging that we also need to adapt to the age we currently live in and in some cases...grow up. I mean seriously, I guess every single person here was a beer swilling lumberjack with a granite will at 16 years old. You couldn't be broken. Naaahhhh...odds are some of you were that same pussy you're criticizing right now.

TigerSnarl, didit, cajdav1 and 2 others like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, the loss to auburn had an effect on hootie

titoabad1 and TigerTap like this.
  6. Kal-El012

No, I wouldn't and didn't say that. Each of the players have their own reasons for committing to LSU. In some instances, I bet the moron has nothing to do with it.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dude if some guy reads my comments, I don't talk about non LSU players to include "High School Kids", and they do not want to attend LSU because of LSUPRIDE123, what kind of dipshit is that?

I mean seriously?

These kids, like it or not, are putting themselves out there to make it. Part of making it is becoming a celebrity or public figure. You don't see Miles quitting on LSU and I can 100% guarantee you that more people have talked shit about HIM than all recruits combined.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It is a well known fact if you are not a player at LSU you are Tiger Bait.

DWI..

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Would seem to be...to you. But keep in mind, these are kids who live their entire lives through social media. Most of their day to day interaction with people is through tweets, instagramming, facebooking, and yes...message boarding. They're not immune to this stuff. Yes, they hear a lot through face to face interactions in camps and recruiting visits, but consider that some of the negative stuff they hear is easily reinforced when they get online or have fans and friends sending screen shots.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. Kal-El012

One game wouldn't but three might. Multiple championships definitely would.

lsu-i-like likes this.