James Smith on message boards & recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 4, 2013.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Check minus

2. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Kids are smarter than we think. There are only about four idiot fans here whose whole life is bitching and moaning about the Tigers even after a win. Recruits recognize quickly who to ignore, just like we do.

cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Do you realize how easily you just made this entire thread be classified as "a case of stupid"?

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

So I guess the writer is making it up. I guess because you guys say this stuff doesn't matter to recruits, it doesn't. Nevermind the writer, who IS in frequent communication with recruits and their families, says he hears it. Hell I hear it and I'm only in infrequent contact with a few. But you guys got it. Carry on.

StaceyO, Herb, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You started a thread about how talking shit on recruits affects recruiting then said its OK if the end result is they are at another school........

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Not saying it doesn't. Just saying that other aspects effect more negatively than message boards.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like I said, you are a hypocrite. You have proved that much. You defend Miles for talking shit on a kid that changed his mind yet condemn LSU fans for doing the same.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I disagree based on your continued posts.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

LSU fans are quick to "turn on you" huh? How about 1 Bama fan shooting and killing another after 1 loss and 3 NCs in 4 years? How's that for "turning on you"?

lsu-i-like, TigerTap and LSUpride123 like this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Do you understand the difference between free speech and what is being discussed here? No one has said that posts positive or negative should be censored or banned. What was pointed out is that speech has consequences. The OP is that the excessive negative and derogatory posts have an effect on recruits. GET IT SPORT???

There are many factors that a recruit uses to decide which school to attend and social media is one. To deny that the many personal and ad hominum attacks on Miles don't get recruits attention and can made a difference is being blind. We all have the responsibility to act as responsible people. That doesn't mean you can't make judgments that Miles and players make mistakes or have faults. But read over the many threads and see how nasty and personal some of them (even the titles) are and ask yourself if you would expose your child to such or yourself if you had other choices.

sunnyjim, ParadiseiNC and TigerTap like this.