January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

It’s not that character doesn’t matter…

it means that you don’t have a choice in the characters that run for office

ever have to choose a less bad option?

2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Yes. In the 2020 presidential election. :)

kluke likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

thats not true. a person could be a communist purely because they believe its best for the working class. they are mistaken, but their character is good and motivations sincere. a person can have perfect character and motivation but favor policy that is catastrophic.

like a child that doesnt understand economics that wants rent control. or the people here that want anti-gouging laws. they just dont understand policy.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

trump opposed illegal immigration, not immigration in general. you dont oppose illegal immmigration?

you are just trying to cast trump as racist. i blame modern woke nonsense like this partially on the performative nature of social media.

i agree immigration is good. these people are good for our country. i speak spanish and love latin culture. i welcome them. legally.

a person could be a racist and still want illegal immigrant latino folks to get cheap labor. policy and morals are not related in the way you imply.

you still havent mentioned the specific trump policy you oppose. you appear perpetually unable to do that.

5. seabrookcajun

Re-read my post. I said I support protecting our borders. Yes, I am very much against illegal immigration. And I did mention a specific Trump policy I oppose. His opposition to H-1B visas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuart...ials-tried-to-end-h-1b-visas/?sh=68fb01e8173f

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so you oppose trump based on policy you claim he opposed, but he didnt overturn. and you claim we dont have enough workers due to his policies? but he didnt overturn this.

is bernie sanders poor in character? he opposes these visas, for the exact same reason as trump, protecting american jobs.

but you agree with trump that people crossing out borders illegally should be detained and deported? seems like you are aligned exactly with the policies actually enacted during the trump admin.

dont want the dirty brown people here huh?

7. seabrookcajun

I have previously stated that on policy there are actually many things on which I agree with Trump. I completely support deporting ILLEGAL immigrants. I disagree with Trump on LEGAL immigration. He consistently pushed to reduce it, which I oppose. Yes, we do not have enough workers because he opposed LEGAL immigration.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuart...by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/?sh=39414aad6168

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you hate "those people"? dont think they deserve a shot at the american dream? only like people that look like you huh

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Anyone who claims that they voted for Biden because character matters didn't really know Biden's history.

And it's like Martin says, it's Policy that matters. And his reckless border policy has gotten thousands killed, raped, abused, etc...and his domestic energy policy, ....ah, wait, you still think Hunter's laptop could be Russian disinformation.

10. seabrookcajun

I said nothing about the country of origin of the illegal immigrants. I'm an equal opportunity deporter.