Jarret Lee the Starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

OMG, here we go...I know.

But what if all the kid needed was some solid QB coaching? It's obvious he has a ton of raw talent. If somebody TAUGHT him the subtle nuances of the position, I still really believe that he could be a special QB. He ALMOST pulled it off based on talent alone in 2008. If he had been coached up a bit with the kind of defense we fielded here last year, I think we could have been a contender that year.

So...with a pro-style offense coming in (most likely), and a proven QB coach, how many of you believe that we MIGHT be seeing Jarret fulfill his potential next year?

Keep in mind that Mett will still be eligible in 2012 and 2013, and that as of now, he is a relatively unknown commodity.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

If Jarrett Lee couldn't start over JJ, then he ain't starting over JJ AND Met. I don't care who his QB coach is.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's only January but we have an early contender for dumbest thread of the year.

2 people like this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed.
    It will be tough to beat this one.
    But wait until/if LSU loses a game next year or god forbid they only win by 1 over a team like Miss State or Tennessee
    This will get trumped 10 fold.
    The "I wish Miles went to Michigan" threads will be a dime a dozen.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Jarrett Lee the starter? Hmmm....perhaps if he transferred to LA tech.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

LA Tech? Maybe more like McNeese.

7. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Both JJ and JL have very little ability to read defenses. Can a new OC teach them how to do this? It's doubtful.

1 person likes this.
  8. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

{Edited by poster for over-the top rude} It's a valid point. JJ started because he could run, and the offense that we were running required a running QB. And how many of you were calling for him to start after Florida last year?

The bottom line is that if he could stop throwing off-balance, he could really do damage. Since JJ took over, the offense has been in the bottom of the barrel. I haven't looked it up, but I'll bet that J-Lee threw more TD passes in 2008 than JJ has the past two years combined.

Why is it so inconceivable that it's not even worth talking about? Is "Magic Mett" just going to waltz in here and beat out the two SENIOR QB's on the roster and light up the SEC? Is JJ better as a pocket passer than Lee is?

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

C'mon, you knew it was coming. You said yourself, "OMG, here we go...I know." You think it's a valid point, they don't...Goo wit da flooo.

So is J Lee, and what is known ain't too purty good.

That's not his biggest problem, rather, a result of it. He can't handle pressure and it causes him to make really bad decisions. He's not what I'd call a fast processor.

Let us practice what we preach.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

All I can say is stranger sh!t has happened. Look no farther than 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.