Jarret Lee the Starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Leesville75

Leesville75 Freshman

Its proven that GC could not coach new QB's. So it might be possible.

1 person likes this.
  2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think it is a valid point. Lee showed flashes in his freshman season. His confidence was shot his sophomore year and he was hit an miss last season but I think that was due to the restrictive nature of the offense. Who knows what he could do with a proper teacher? I don't see Mettenburger as the second coming and Jefferson has proven what he can, and can't, do. To me Jefferson is exactly like Jamarcus Russell. Both have all the physical talent in the world but not the QB mind. Russell was put into an offense he could run effectively. Jefferson has been rarely used in an offensive scheme in that he could be successful.

A counter point is that you can bet Lee has reached out to evaluators of talent and probably has determined he is better off staying put. If he was "all that" I think there would be schools beating the door down to get him. Remains to be seen if he develops into a serviceable QB next season.

1 person likes this.
  3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Wow. Okay, I was pretty tired last night, so MY BAD for over-reacting.

But come on...dumbest thread? I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility, and it's something nobody has mentioned. He has more experience than Mett and fits better in a pro set than JJ. I think it's worth speculating. IMO, if everybody starts out on a level playing field with a new OC and QB coach (as they should), then his chances are just as good as the rest.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's certainly not out of the question. PLUS, in a 2 QB system the 3rd guy is always just an injury away from playing.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Still dont think Lee will be wearing the P&G come spring time...JMO

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Thicken your skin. This is the big time. You've got to be able to hit the curve ball at this level.:)

That said, it's still a dumb thread.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I think he would have already left, if he were going to. I think the fact that a new OC and proven QB coach coming in will make him want to stay. I mean, why quit now?

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Everyone seems to speculate that Lee is going to transfer, but there's one possibility everyone seems to be overlooking...

Lee's major is Sports Administration. Perhaps he doesn't want to transfer, but wants to finish his time here at LSU for a couple of reasons...

A) There is life beyond football. He may just want to take advantage of the education that was offered to him from LSU.

B) Seeing as he's majoring in sports administration, perhaps him being on the sidelines at a major school like LSU gives him a little valuable experience in this field that a smaller 1AA school won't.

I'm just sayin, everyone's quick to assume that every one of these athletes are dead-set on playing on Sundays, when a lot of times that's not the case.

That said, I think he stays.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my take:

all three come in on equal footing in the spring as far as system goes and the new oc.

i think in terms of where they are in development, mett will have the advantage tho in terms of skills. i think that both jj and jl are gonna have to undo a lot of being "confused" (to be polite about it) by crow.

but i think that jl knows that all three have to learn a new system and he has the heart to fight for it as much as anyone else does. the kid is not a quitter. we all know that. but i do think that the lack of qb coaching and development has put both him and jj behind the curve.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

JJ & JL are not as developed as they should be but they have experience which is big in the SEC. Mett def has the highest ceiling but I don't think he reaches that this year.

We may not have a top QB but Miles handled the situation well last year. 2 QB systems aren't supposed to work but we were a top 10 team all last season. Whoever shows the most confidence and plays the best will play the majority of the game. JJ really made strides last year in taking control of the offense and if he is consistent, he can lead us to a NCG. I trust him more now...