Jarret Lee the Starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Jan 23, 2011.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

If we run a true Pro-style I think JJ is the one left out. His mechanics are way worst than Mett and JL for standing in the pocket and throwing. Krag has less road to travel with JL especially if he plans around a pocket passer and leaves the playbook simple. JJ's only hope is his love fest with Miles and if some of the spread stays in the play calling.
    JL quick release and strong arm would fit play action much better than JJ and his lolly gagging inability to decided if he will throw or run.

1 person likes this.
  2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking, but nobody seemed to think it was even remotely possible.

:thumb:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Now you're lying. There are at least three posts in this thread that say otherwise.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I disagree. JL is a distant 3rd in any scenario.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lee's not going to be here, IMO. He needs to find some playing time in Division II instead of dropping to 3rd team in his senior year. Les needs 8 or 9 players to leave to meet the 83 scholarship limit in August. Our third team QB is likely to be a freshman next year.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I would rather Spencer Ware start at QB than Lee. He's beyond repair.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Lee had his shot and I don't think he gets another one. He's a great person and deserves our respect but I don't see him being a starter. Miles doesn't seem to trust him.
    Mett is unproven. He is our future. If he can play like he did in juco then we have a true winner. I hope he starts.
    Jefferson has miles trust. Miles will hope jj plays like he did in Dallas and will give him the starting job. I don't think jj can play like he did aginst aTm every game. If jj does we get another bcsnc. I'm not that optimistic that jj can do it. Hope he proves me wrong or miles doesn't wait to put mett or lee in if he falters. It would be great for jj to win a championship and prove he is a true sec qb. It would suck for him to be allowed to butcher this offense next year like he did much of last year and cost us a nc. We see how jl couldn't get on the field when jj faltered and when jl saved us he still wasn't allowed to start. I don't think miles ever wanted jl to win the starting job. Maybe it was crowton that was so stubbornly supportive of jj. Lee never had a chance and he doesn't next year either. Mett is probably in the same boat

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I don't think there's a chance he starts. I will say if, God forbid, injury occurs, I would feel very confident having him come in as a back up. I wouldn't expect the offense to stall if he were to come in a game as a back up. Hopefully he realizes that he's still a twisted ankle away from playing.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to the first few posts where my thread was dubbed "dumbest thread of 2011".

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Don't feel alone. It doesn't take much to be blasted here. I repeated a headline in the newspaper that said airstrike after the fl game and siu all but called me the stupidest person on earth. Shake it off and roll with the punches. One day you get the thumbs up next day your a goat. Life can be a bitch on tiger fan sometimes. At least people here don't call each other douches all day like on td. No way I'm posting over there. Hell my user name would have to be douchbag if I did. Take your lick and carry on.

1 person likes this.