Jarrett Lee commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Adam4848, May 30, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

Re: Jarrett Lee signs with LSU

yea I think we are still after chiason. I to think newton is higher just because if he fails at qb he can play many other places.

2. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Don't expect another QB, reason for still recruiting QB's, remember what happend last season with Alex Cate.

This is probably not going to happen with Lee but you "Can't" blame the coaching staff for security and just in case they have to fall back to other kids...

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Jarrett Lee had a great camp out in Vegas and is likely to be invited to the elite 11.

Look for him to move up in ranking of the top QBs the next time they re-release them. Rivals has him as the 16th best QB, partially knocked down due to the pass heavy offense his high school runs. Proving himself in this type of camp should take away most of that doubt & put him a couple spots higher - although he still probably won't be a 5 star.

4. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

LSU needs to go deep into linebacker and wr recruiting this year. I would like to see some more Dwayne Bowe type of wr's in here.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya but we did have a need for a backup(for now) QB

that elite 11 is great tho, my HS' qb went there a couple years ago and sed he improved greatly

6. LSUfreshman21

what hs did you go to? jw

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think we need to concentrate on O-line and D-line. I'm concerned about depth there.

8. LSUfreshman21

I am more concerned about the offensive line with only one starter returning. We need to start recruiting from here then work our way back out to the skilled positions because we have plenty of skill guys. We could have the best runningbacks in the SEC, which we always seem to have, and still not get that much success out of them with a average O-line. In 03' our offensive line was dominant so we need to get back to there to have a good offense.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Jarrett Lee is now rated the 7th best Pro-style QB. Personally, I think he's worthy of a top 5 - easily. The kid completed 70% of his passes, threw something like 2 interceptions in 2 years, and was only sacked once or twice! Combined with a flawless Vegas Camp against the best in the country.

I can't wait to see what this kid does here at LSU, and he sounded very intelligent & open to taking a redshirt.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

For all the same reasons above....I'm really excited about this kid.