Jarrett Lee commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Adam4848, May 30, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i go to edison high in fresno, CA. im on the team with players like courtney viney(committed to UCLA). were like a DB hs bc our coach is tim mcdonald and we have a bunch of DBs who have gotten scholarships including ricky manning jr. for the last few years, weve had atleast one DB per year.

the QB i talked about was arkelon hall who is at washington state now

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Rivals had a recent article where Proctor said LSU is definitely recruiting him as a QB...

I don't mind signing 2 QBs in this class, especially with Proctor being able to switch over to safety, but I just hope this doesn't hurt us at all with Jarrett Lee.

3. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

i hope this doesn't piss off Jarret Lee

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I really doubt this will turn into another Alex Cate situation. At least I hope so. I think Lee is one of the most important recruits we'll get from this class.

5. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

i hope your right

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

What is the likelihood of LSU signing another QB in this class? It is possible two out of the three QBs on scholarship right now could be gone after next season.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Once we got Lee, most people (including rivals/scout) thought we were done with the position since he was the guy we wanted.

It looks like we are still recruiting the position though, and my guess is that we want Proctor because we know that if someone doesn't transfer he can change position easily.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

What kind of QB is Lee? Who would you compare him to?

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm not good at comparing football players to other ones, but I'll try & describe his style.

His throws are very straight and very accurate. He has good footwork and appears to have great pocket awareness, but the offense he operates in doesn't leave him sitting back there long, so it's tough to tell.

If he were in a big media market (I realize he's in Tx, but not a big media part of it) and had people hyping him, he could probably be a 5 star, because I see no difference between him & the other great QBs this year.

He may not be as mobile as some other ones, and his arm strength isn't as good, but he is more accurate than the others and makes great reads.

I think John Brantley (Texas QB) is probably the best QB prospect in the country, but Jarrett is a close second. The 5 star Michigan recruit, Ryan Mallett, is just a giant that throws the ball up & lets his receivers do the work. I see nothing special about that guy. Jarrett is definitely better. Clausen had a marketing team working with his family & has obviously overhyped him, even though he is a very good QB - he's not clearly the best.

10. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

jarrett runs a 4.68 which is pretty good for a QB his size. he reminds me of cutler but the attributes they share in that they can both run a little(he had about a 4 ypc avg and 4 TDs) and have a similar throwing motion. i havent seen much video of him tho so i could be wrong