Jarrett Lee commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Adam4848, May 30, 2006.

1. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

well i hope he sticks with his commit

2. UThornsfan

UThornsfan Freshman

Hi there, just to let you know I've seen most of the Texas QB's and I agree that Mallet, Lee and Kinne are probably the best. Mallet has all the physical tools, and I really believe he can become an elite QB in the right system.

Having said that Lee, in my opinion, is the better QB of the two. If we hadn't gotten Brantley, and if Mallet still turned us down I would have liked us to go after this kid hard. He's an elite 11 QB for a reason.

I can't comment whether or not he's the second best QB prospect, because I haven't seen any QBs outside the state. I will say though that he's probaby not going to recieve a 5 star even if he lived in Dallas. Normally rivals only gives our state 3-4 five stars, and as good as he is he's not in our top 5. Top 10 yes, but this year we have a lot of talent in state and they are just a little bit better.

Anyway came to your message board to see if anyone has heard more stuff about the elite 11 camp. Heard Brantley will probably be MVP and that Mallet has accuracy problems. I've heard nothing so far about Lee so I was just curious if you guys have heard any rumors about anything.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Brantley has been the best and should be the #1 QB in the country IMO. Mallet supposedly has the strongest arm they've ever seen (and JaMarcus went there, so wow), although I don't personally think he's that great besides his physical abilities.

Jarrett has the quickest release of any of the QBs, and has been good, but not quite as good as the top 2 or 3. He's pretty quick, but not real fast, and has good arm strength, but nothing real impressive. His reads & intelligence have been pretty impressive, and he's only 16, so I think we got ourselves a hell of a QB.

4. UThornsfan

UThornsfan Freshman

That's a fair assesment of Lee. He's the best QB in Texas this year, but last years QB group was a lot better. Overall I would say this years group hasn't been as strong as years past, but they haven't even played their senior season yet. I'll wait until the playoffs to determine how good this years QB class really is.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

wow, hes only 16? when is his bday?