Jarvis Green resigns with Pats for $1.43 million.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Apr 20, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Great news for me! :thumb:

Green has a pretty good chance at becoming a full-time starter for the Pats this season. With McGinest getting up in age, and poor Bruschi's career, especially this coming season very much in doubt, the Pats will have to switch around some defenders--which given the make-up of their defensive personel, shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

I envision Vrabel moving over to a full-time LB position (he's been a hybrid DE/OLB along with McGinest since joining the Pats). Ted Johnson takes over as the primary MLB, and Vrabel rotates between MLB and OLB.

With Wilfork coming on strong to close out the season, he'll be the primary NT, allowing Seymore to move back to DE opposite Green. Ty Warren subs in off the bench and is able to play anywhere on the D-line, giving any one of their starters a breather.... Then again, all of NE's D-lineman can play any position on the line.

FYI, Hill is probably the heir-apparent to succeed McGinest once McGinest "hangs 'em up" in a year or two.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Only Jarvis doesn't really want to sign long term with the Pats. He wants to find some place warmer.

You can take the boy out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the boy...

3. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I wish we had a competant NFL team in New Orleans, a team our guys could look to sign with when they hit unrestricted free agency. How great would it be to have some guys like Jarvis, Kevin Faulk, Ro, Michael Clayton or some of the others come "home". I know we wouldn't see all of them, or even alot of them, but it would be nice if they could come here and be a part of a winning team, sadly it will never happen as long as benson owns the Saints.

As it is, I feel sorry for poor Devery. I really feel he could do better elsewhere.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Tell me about it....:dis:

I love Boston--but it's TOO DAMN COLD up here!

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Damnit. My best hope for continuing my hatred of the Pats was for our guys to slowly leave due to free agency. DAMN PIOLI! DAMN HIM!

Best of luck to JG though. He continues to make great decisions.