Jason White Should Hang It Up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by marcmc99, Jan 23, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

not to change the subject but RUN GAME??? WHAT RUN GAME ??? did he see the same game? in the 4th QTR OU had what? 5 good running plays? AND THIS makes you think OU could have won? MAN your delerious. OU wouldn't EVEN have scored if not for the LSU mistakes on Offense. YOUr damn lucky it wasn't 35-7. I'll give you the blocked punt TD BUT YOU barely MADE that! Your sanity is border line dude.

2. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

If the run game that The sooner is reffering to is the running ability of the back up QB, I feel like it would have been a good decision to give him a shot. LSU came with the d-ends all night with no regard to a boot legging QB. Had the OU QB had any runing ability, LSU would have had to honor the boot leg. That would have opened up the middle (somewhat) for the running game or at least opened some cut back lanes.

Should White have been pulled? That was Stoop's call and only he could make it. White was going to have to be carried off the field for him to "choose" to leave. He's a winner and will not quit. Stoop's should have made the decision for him and done what would have given his team the best chance to win, which in my opinion was putting in a more mobile QB after White showed signs of injury.

That being said, it wouldn't have mattered. LSU makes some adjustments and QB mobility is a nonfactor.

3. Sooner70

Sooner70 Freshman

JS-BBF- I think you're the one that's delerious. Your thread isn't even close to what I was saying.

Tigerman-I think you have it pretty much right. Even if Thompson had come in, it would've been a temporary advantage, if any. Don't think it would've changed the outcome, but it's only natural to wonder--especially if one is on the losing end & hindsight. He's a very capable QB, and would be starting at a lot of Div I schools.
    LSU's defensive effort was so strong though, it would've been difficult to overcome under almost any circumstance.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

UGA tried going with the mobile QB and we sacked him 3 straight times with an all out blitz, we would have done the same thing to OU's backup and the game would have been more lopsided.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

You all knew I had a post coming on this one ... and most read my pregame posts on White ... say what you want about Jason White ... I'll say this and you can chisel it in in the Lord's finest granite for it SHALL COME TO PASS.

White will come back ... he has no choiceand will end his football career on a college playing field. Jason White is incredibly damaged goods ... no pro team even a bottom division cellar dweller from the bowels of "Not For Long" Hell will even throw a nickel at him. White will die most magnificently on the gridiron this fall ... THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY.

#1 After more surgery ... and there's still a mildly torn non-throwing shoulder that no one is talking about ... White's mobility has decreased and will decrease even further.

#2 Bob Stoops will ... RIDE THIS MULE TO DEATH. PERIOD. Stoops will grease the treads of his Boomer Wagon with White's entrails.
    Anyone who thinks differently is a sucker. White had no business playing in the NC game and that is a fact. A high dollar Las Vegas tip spoke of White's injuries ... you could see them on film. OU & Stoops knew all about it. Makes you wonder, huh?

#3 White will bear the brunt of the Big 12 "Ass"ault due to Stoop's improprieties against his weaker Big 12 competition this year. Just watch the film on the second half of the Baylor game and ... YOU TELL ME WHAT THE HELL YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WERE A BIG 12 Defensive coordinator that has gotten the hell beaten out of you by the "Hang 'em High & put a Half a Hundred on 'em" Stoops & CO. Big 12 TEAMS on OU's schedule will "TEE OFF" on White ... irregardless of getting burned due to blitzing ...
    COUNT ON IT & TAKE THE POINTS IN OU's early games next year until Vegas wises up ... unless you're a sucker who doesn't like free and easy money or you're a mormom who doesn't gamble. He won't last the season ... Bowling Green, Florida A&M, TBA, TBA,

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Personally, if I were he, I'd give it up. What more can the guy accomplish other than to maybe get himself seriously hurt? He's not wanted or appreciated up here any more so, say "Adios, amigo" and have a nice life.

"Discretion is the better part of valor."

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What a crock of sh*t. How about the exchange right before halftime?
    Lynn Swann: Well Coach, what about that #1 Defense?
    Stoops: THEY ARE JUST THE #1 SCORING DEFENSE. WE'RE THE # ONE DEFENSE!!!!
    :cry: :cry:

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahahahahahahaha

Like Ole Bush told Chad Gore ................... HOOOOOOOOOOZE YORE DADDDDDDDDY

Come on back Mr. White ... LSU's gotta ho' lotta mo'