Jay Kirkland signs with Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

We expected it, but still had hope. It's a tough situation for a kid his age to deal with.

2. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

With the recruits that signed today I think our O line will be just fine in the future.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I agree - we are covered! All the better to protect our new QB.

I just feel sorry for the kid because he is a Tiger in his heart but circumstances will keep him away from the greatest team in the world.

4. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I agree about feeling sorry for Jay.

He must be the only good recruit Ole Miss signed because I have heard them speak of no other recruits. Atleast he'll be a star there.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I wish him and his family the best. When LSU is hanging half a hundred on Ole Miss in the future this young man in his heart will know he wants to be on the other side.

I wish him and his family the best. I understand his decision and wish him all the success in the world.

Geaux Tigers

6. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

I respect Kirkland for doing what he did. Family comes first. He sacraficed going to a better program with better facilities to be with his mom. Can't knock the guy for that.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Center

I guess Saban is going to play Rob Sale Behind Wilkerson next year because I do not see anybody on the team that will play center other than these two. I personally agree with everthing Saban has done except for this position.

We can give a lot of the credit to Matt Mauck in the SEC Championship game. But I am here to tell you that if Rob Sale would not have played the entire second half at Center the Tigers might not be SEC Champions. If you do not believe that then go back and watch the tape of were the rush was coming from in the first half. Then Rob Sale came in to the game after half time Henderson( TENN DT) did nothing. The Rush Came from the outside in the Second half.

I guess what I am getting at Saban filled a lot of needs but not all. I am not going on a soap box today though lets look at What good Things happend today.

1. Depth in the OL except for the Center Position we only have 2 players that can play center

2. Speed in the Defensive Backfield

3. speed and a true Backup or compliment to Toefield

4. Saban has a kicker coming in on the Topps program

5. Depth on the DL with Last yrs Class and This yrs Class I believe the Defense will be much Better. The push up front was a problem last yr.

I believe even if we did not have the Recruiting yr we all expected Saban has done a better recruiting job this yr then last yr for the simple fact that Louisiana did not have a great Class coming out. As long as he keeps most of the top recruites in Louisiana in State each yr. and gets some high profile Players out of State. The Tigers are going to the one of the Top Programs in the country each yr.

WE HAVE DEPTH NOW IT IS GREAT TO BE AN LSU TIGER

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Posted in wrong place

Sorry but I posted the post above in the wrong area.

Now I should have posted

Jay Kirkland is in a place with his Mother that we all can not understand totally untill we go through it. I wish Jay and his Mother all my prayers and good luck. You will go far young man.

Hottie Tottie <<< last time I will ever say that Good Luck Jay