Jay Lucas No Longer Being Recruited...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Jan 28, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

...by LSU, as per this morning's Advocate. Jimbo Fisher supposedly
    called the kid yesterday and told him that there was no longer a schollie available for him. Lucas was disappointed, but will now take a look at Southern.

The kid should have committed sooner. This "90% sure I'll pick
    LSU" crap might fly if you're a kid like Doucet or the X-Man who
    LSU's staff came charging hard after...but if you're only being marginally recruited, as Lucas obviously was, when you snooze, you lose.

Good luck out on The Bluffs, Jay. I hope you break all the rushing records out there.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i still think he should come here and just wait till next spring. that was stupid of him to not commit. i just don't understand this im 90% crap sometimes.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He would have committed if he thought LSU was the place for him. He might start at Southern, after all. You can only string a team along so far if they don't think you're really serious.

These things tend to work out for the best.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If he goes to Southern, I think hell probably blow away the Div I-AA opposition.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

As a fellow RHS grad ('74) this breaks my heart.

I saw this guy play against Istroma this year and he's a real stud.

But if since we offered (probably a LONG TIME AGO) and he stalled us this long, then c'est la vie.

6. ClassOfTheSEC03

ClassOfTheSEC03 Freshman

perhaps it was just a numbers thing. any chance Nick made him a conditional offer earlier in the season and had to back off with the limited schollies left and some bigger fish still left in the pond?

7. max

max Founding Member

I wonder if Nick knows that a few better prospects have told him they would commit to LSU but haven't announced it yet, and Nick counted those Herman Johnson types and said now we don't have any scholarship left.

8. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Jay Lucas

if he gets qualified, call it Florida State!

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I would hate for a kid of Lucas' ability to go to Southern. He could easily play at another I-A school in the South (Hopefully not an SEC school where he might remind us we should have offered him). There is playing at home for a I-AA, and there is playing close to home at a I-A school. Big difference in my book. Plus, if he does go I-AA, he should look hard at McNeese.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't see why he can't go to like Tulane, or ULL or La Tech or maybe even Miss. State or something. He's got talent from what I hear. A lot of teams should be ahead of Southern in line, unless he just wants to stay home.