Jay Lucas.. Still dazed and confused.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Feb 18, 2004.

1. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

i live in the jackson, ms. and miss. state fans got all hot and bothered when Jay's name was being mentioned on signing day. however, for some reason he he didn't get the offer as this would've been a very, very, very good signee for the bulldogs - i think there is something else that to the jay lucas equation, i don't know but w/ everyone passing him over, it really makes you wonder.

i do remember that saban went to one of his basketball games and followed it up w/ an in home visit, and he sounded very impressed (i remember the article saying something like saban thought he was the real deal or something to that effect). so i was expecting to hear a commitment from jay the next day, but instead it was LSU is no longer interrested in recrutting jay......it was a very weird senario.........

as for jay being better than Alley can't say one way or the other b/c i haven't seen jay play, but having said that i believe Alley IS THE MAN..... when you watch him run it's like once he hits the hole or turns the corner it's as if he hits the turbo button..... i love watching him carry the rock, ggeeezzz i love watching all of our backs carry the rock!

i am very curious as to where this kid will play ball, then we can talk smack about who is better.

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Grades are one problem. He also does not run a 4.5. At camp, he ran somewhere around 4.7.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Without souding like I am blindly following saban.......It souds like if Saban wanted him we would have gotten him. If grades are problem, we could probably have gotten around that too, eventually. Maybe he wanted to start or something or..... maybe he is a head case. Don't know for sure, but time will tell.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

From what I understand he was offered by LSU and they told him if he wasn't willing to commit that we needed that scholly for someone else. He had his chance and LSU couldn't afford to hold out for him with someone else just as good ready to sign immediatly.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

LSU cant sign everyone and the ones that dont committ when they have the chance. LSU has to go with who wants to come they on have 25 spots

6. DEFENSE

DEFENSE Founding Member

I have watched him the last three years and I will say that he is good but, LSU has better backs.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Coming into school ... comparable ... not better

This one will play Sundays if he stays healthy and makes it through College ... mark that down ... I believe what I see.