JD Booty commits....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Mar 10, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Booty...? Booty who? Oh, USC made the Booty call?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Booty did LSU a big favor and I applaud him. First, he didn't stretch this committment thing out for a year making LSU look bad for not getting him after a heated recruiting battle. It will not be an issue this year.

Secondly, and most importantly, he did not commit to an SEC school!

The guy is good, probably better than his brother who was a junior all-SEC quarterback before leaving early for the NFL. We're not going to have to play him. Picture John Booty at Arkansas, or Florida, or Alabama for four years.

3. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Good point red55....if JD would've gone to an SEC school, you can imagine the papers and articles on game week. Could be an embarassing situation for LSU if we didn't pull out a victory against him.

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

I meant no on cares because we have a stable of good quarterbacks, if this had happened a few years back, everyone would be very concerned.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

For what it's worth some of my firend's who are Evangel suporters say that Coach Dunn's comments a few years ago about how he couldn't recommend any of his players continueing their careers at LSU was in reference to how Coach DiNardo was running the team. Supposedly now he would have no reason not to recommend his players come here.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I commend the Bootys for the decision.

Look, they hate LSU. I don't know why. I don't think they are right.

However, I'm glad that the kid did not go to an SEC school. That would be like rubbing it in our face, and I'm glad that the Booty folks decided against that.

Besides, the kid will be attending college in Los Angeles! Is there any doubt that his college years will be fun? NONE! Univ of Southern Cal is coming back to football prominence, too. The kid made a smart move.

If I were a kid who didn't want to go to LSU, I'd seriously consider U of So. Cal!

7. zeebo

zeebo Freshman

great get for the Trojans, I think this is one Evangel QB who might actually pan out to be a decent collegiate quarterback. If you read the Evangel message boards, you would think they the Booty's are God's gift to football. I just can't understand what they have against LSU. They feel as if Josh and Abram got shafted while they were here, but we all know they both got the same opportunities as the other players...got better opportunities to play than some (think Craig Nall). Oh well...good luck to JD.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

My parents told me one time that one of the schools was in a good area and one was in a horrible area. I just could not remember which one was which.

9. LSU Tailgater

LSU Tailgater Freshman

Personally, he may have been a good quarterback, but I think in about 2-3 yrs, everybody will have forgotten about him and all thoughts will be on Russell

10. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I believe years ago when John Robinson was coaching, they had a shootout in the neighborhood that USC practices on. One of the players was hit by a stray bullet. That is why they put up a wall around the USC practice fields. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember hearing of this incident.