jd booty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ricky, Apr 19, 2003.

1. ricky

ricky Freshman

I wish the so called Tiger faithful would find better things to do than disc a kid who probably grew up a Tiger fan who got dis enchanted after so called fans bad mouthed two brothers who also loved LSU. I for one am grateful for Abram and Josh and the way they handled the bashing that they took, with class. They bled purple and gold. Give it a rest and wish this young christian man well in his endeavors. A lot of sour grapes are here because Evangel football dominated a lot of teams over the years. But I don't like recruits being steered away by coaches. But are more being steered away by coaches or classless Tiger fans?:confused: :mad:

2. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

First of all Ricky, who on this board is dissin' JDB? It seems to me that no one around here really cares what school he signed with. Secondly, what on earth are you grateful for in regards to Josh 'why don't I run the ball with 6 seconds on the clock and lose the game' Booty? This guy deserved every bit of criticism he got from LSU fans. He was terrible!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ohhhhhhh poor me. LSU dissed my brothers. Goodbye LSU. Evangel dissed my father. Goodbye Evangel. Hey Southern Cal. Get on your knees and glorify the Bootys or you guys are history too.

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

is florida on their hate list now? how about texas (since none of them are doing anything there)? i guess OU and Miami will be on their black list here soon enough.

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Josh and Abram apparently have handled things well but your presumption that JD may have chosen USC because of his brothers ill fortunes at LSU would indicated that JD has a lack of class. I don't believe that. With LSU's incoming QB talent no one can blame JD for signing elsewhere. Now that brings up another issue. Is it proper for JD to sign at a school who offers his dad a job?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Abram Booty was a crybaby who quit the team and transferred to Valdosta State when he lost his starting job. But, it should not be forgotton that Josh Booty was an all-SEC quarterback who is now playing in the NFL. That is a long, long way from terrible. And he has never bad-mouthed LSU once. I've got no problem with Josh.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Ditto. Although Josh did have a few bonehead plays that I still don't understand (see the audible that didn't exist).

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think Abram was more interested in being a male model than a football player and couldn't take being the 4th or 5th WR on the team. He quit when Jack Hunt was about to pass him up on the depth chart. What was Abram's alleged injury anyway? It didn't keep him from playing at Valdosta St. shortly after transferring.

I think Josh was a very good QB who should've been a whole lot better. He kind of got all-SEC by default that year but did have a good string of games. As Ellis said, that "invented" audible vs. UAB summed up his career. Waiting too long vs. Georgia on the last play of the game and the Alabama "bonehead" play are hard to forget also. However, the fact that Josh saw the writing on the wall and left after his junior year makes it easier to root for him in the NFL. He always said he wanted to do what was best for LSU but it took that decision for me to believe him. I know he would've wanted to give it one more chance if he could.

As far as JDB, I wish him luck and think it was a good decision to get away from the SEC although the hiring of his dad does seem shady to me. I'm just glad he didn't come to LSU and create another soap opera.

9. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

Red, I think the only reason Josh Booty is in the NFL is because he has potential to be a good QB. He had potential when he was at LSU, yet he didn't accomplish anything. IMHO I think he stunk to high heaven and I was glad to see him go.

10. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

IMO, I don't think LSU does a very good job developing QBs. Booty never lived up to his hype, and I can't help but think that if he would've been in a QB oriented program, he could've been a lot better. The next few years will truly be a test for the LSU coaching staff. They have great talented WRs and a pair of highly touted freshman QBs. Let's hope Jimbo Fisher exploits these guys.