Jeff Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ponchy Tiger, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Ponchy Tiger

Ponchy Tiger Founding Member

You are correct, TT

I misread this from PFW that his contract was up "this year". Oh well, sorry for the bad info.

Dec. 13, 2004

Titans assistants typically know their fate by this time of the season — they just had to wait a little longer after a 4-8 start. At least half of the team’s assistants, including offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger and defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, are expected to be extended through 2006. That’s also the final year of Jeff Fisher’s deal with the Titans, and though there was a report that Fisher’s job might be in jeopardy after this season, it appears to be a fallacy. One source close to the team says owner Bud Adams hasn’t shown any indications he would make that move. And GM Floyd Reese, in a general discussion with PFW about what he might look for in picking a coach, was candid, suggesting he has no indication of any imminent moves. Chalk up the delay in getting the coaches’ deals done and the rumors about Fisher to gamesmanship after a 4-8 start.

2. Stonewall

Stonewall Freshman

Ponchy!! Before you post something of this magnitude, please do your research. You really had my hopes up high with this being Fisher's last year of his contract.

3. Ponchy Tiger

Sorry, Stone

OK, I'm done. Next time, I'll confirm with my "sources" before I post anything of such magnitude. :dis:

4. Ponchy Tiger

TT, what do you think the Saints chances are on Sunday? I have several friends in Houston who are Saints fans and get together every week for the games.