Jefferson taking ownership

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

excellent read! thanks for the link!:thumb:

another part of the article indicated jj was gun shy last year after watching all those interceptions jl threw the year before. if he has matured, moved past that, and has gained the confidence he needs, we may have found us a "new" quarterback.

giddy. giddy, i tell ya!

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Thanks for the info, great read. If JJ gets and the OL improves look out. LSU has the talent and should be competing with the elite teams. Im all giddy for the start of next season! Fast forward please!:helmet::geauxtige

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

This is good to hear. This has to happen successfully for LSU to reach its potential this year.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

This is great to hear. If this translates on the field, LSU could have one of the better offenses in the SEC this year.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

When he got rid of the ball quickly, he was a different QB last year. He had flashes of that, mainly in the Auburn game and late in some other games (Ole Miss, Arky, etc.). His performance improved drastically when he didn't overthink things and hold onto the ball for so long. If he can maintain that approach more consistently, he has the potential to be a very good SEC QB.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I thought JJ was pretty effective when they rolled him out of the pocket. It seemed to me that he got all the linemen out of his line of sight, when he threw on the run he was more effective, but I thought it was because he could see the field more clearly. Without a potent run threat, the Dline would tee off on him and he didn't have a lot of time to throw when in the pocket. I hope he will improve reading the defense, and with some improvement up front (hopefully) maybe well get a creditable run threat to support JJ and take some pressure off him.

9. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

I could so beat a dead horse on this...this statement alone makes it obvious that's hard to bag on JJ for a lot of last year's problems. Its a shame GC couldn't simplify reads for him, and make these adjustments during the course of the season. It took new offensive hires for this to happen. Crowton personifies the term "lame duck".

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'll beat the dead horse...

Although it's great to see that the staff is recognizing weaknesses and correcting them, please realize that this is not an in game correction at halftime...and it is not a between game correction...it is not even an in season correction...

...it is actually a between season correction !!!

So, excuse me for my original statement about me beating a dead horse. It seems that last year's coaching staff may have actually been the ones beating a horse that's not only dead, but one that was in the final stages of necrosis !!

:rofl: !!

But, being the sunshine pumper that I am, I'm optimistic !! :grin:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIknrEwkVw[/media]