Jefferson Tried to hustle his team off the field - a MUST READ thread (video evidence)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 21, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Was miles asking the trooper if we had another timeout?

2. holeinthedonut

holeinthedonut Freshman

You guy pay this coach millions and settle for this kind thing. How do you look at yourself in the mirror? If you don't fire several coaches you need to fire whoever allow this kind of thing. Embarrassed to say the least!

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Thanks for the explanation.

4. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Yes he was but I'm guessing he was just stunned at the refs calling game (or at least it's what I want to believe).

5. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

I don't think anyone in this thread gives Miles a pass. I just don't believe he was signaling to spike the ball. Originally, I thought that was the case, but it makes no sense for him to signal spike to the receivers or ref. Jefferson was on the other side of the field.

There is no excuse for not calling timeout sooner before the hail mary play. Also, the field goal unit should have been ready at the end. Poor coaching, specifically poor game management, cost us that game. Miles will have to have a hell of a season next year to make up for this loss.

I say next year because the administration will give him at least one more season for various reasons. On the other hand, Crowton and maybe Stud should be replaced at the end of the season.

6. emfriedmann

emfriedmann Bawlin Nawlin

I think the biggest mistake after the onside kick was trying to pass the ball when we were already in field goal range. Jefferson had been feeling pressure all game and it didn't make any sense. If you do choose to pass the ball, make him roll out so he can throw it away or get it to a guy so he can run out of bounds. No excuse for not running the ball. I blame most of this on Crowton even though Miles could have changed it. That's where this game turned into such a circus. RUN THE BALL, CALL THE TIMEOUT AND KICK THE FIELD GOAL!

It'll be hard to get rid of Miles with his great recruiting skills and the buy out but this offense has got to change and I would love to see it be built around Shepard. FIRE CROWTON!