Jefferson Tried to hustle his team off the field - a MUST READ thread (video evidence)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 21, 2009.

1. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Look I understand you don't like Miles and I'm sure you think he's a moron but don't tell me for one second that you think he was going to lie like that. Head coaches are NOT supposed to act like this...especially ones getting paid 4 million a year.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Dude seriously NO ONE saw a coach throwing kids under a bus to save his own ass!!!

Didnt USL play tonight???

3. DisplacedLSUFan

DisplacedLSUFan Veteran Member

I am not shocked about what happened. I am, however, extremely saddened by our coaches' cowardice.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I think it boils down to this --

JJ throws a hail mary with :09 left, and to everyone's surprise he completes the pass and there's still :01 on the clock. Usually in this scenario, the clock runs out (not to mention the ball would be thrown to the endzone, not short of the endzone). I'm not making excuses for JJ or the coaching staff in terms of what ensued; when there's still time left on the clock I think the natural inclination is to spike the ball on the next play, that's why the sidelines were motioning for JJ to spike it.

Of course, it didn't have to come to this...

:geauxtige

5. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

This was Les statement about the series of plays right before the spiking incident.

"We talked about runs," Miles said. "I felt like the quarterback could manage the situation. That was my mistake."
    Miles said he suggested to assistant coaches that they call a run play at that point, but allowed a pass play to be signaled in. Jefferson completed a 7-yard pass to Stevan Ridley with 26 seconds left.

From thier it doesn't seem like anyone knew what to do as they had no back up plan in place should they not get into the endzone.

Doesn't sound like he has much faith in JJ but wonder if JJ has much faith in him either.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

So basically he is saying its everyones fault but his.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Re: Jefferson Tried to hustle his team off the field

Why dont you go help your relative back his backs cause his ass is about to be run out of town....

Coaches come and go...I dont see the powers that be allowing their students/players to be thrown under the bus to save a worthless POS like that!

When Miles chose to stay here instead of going home...I said we have ourselve a coach THAT WANTS to be here and now I hope the mother ****er gets the swine flu!!!

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

j

Yeah UL played tonight and they won.

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Re: Jefferson Tried to hustle his team off the field

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

If this was the case, why didn't Miles overrule the play call and tell them to run it, dammit! I think what he means by "it was my mistake" is that he is taking the blame for what happened.

I always thought that when you're positioning yourself to attempt a game winning field goal, you run the ball. Isn't that taught in Football 101?

:geauxtige