Jennings or Harris for 2015?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Apr 7, 2015.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

http://www.dandydon.com/Mike_Detillier_on_LSU_2015_Offense.php

"Mike: For Brandon Harris to win the job outright, he will have to do it on the field. Les feels comfortable with Anthony Jennings because right now he is more comfortable in the scheme and will not take chances out on the field. It is part of Harris' DNA to be a gunslinger. He is going to take risks and Les Miles doesn't care for that part of his game"

No way in hell Harris starts.

"What that tells me is that the offense will stay, for the most part, the same. It is not Cam Cameron's offense. Les wants certain features in it, and part of that is a power rushing attack. That part I say keep 100%, but you also have to play to the strengths of your quarterbacks in the passing game. To me, that is still a major question. I believe Jennings is the guy for Miles right now, and Harris will have to beat him out in the fall on the field."

Was there ever a question? LOL

"There's no question that Harris is the most talented, and so for him it is a matter of better understanding the offense. For Jennings, he just is not a real accurate passer in the pocket. He is better on the move and he's a pretty good runner, so whoever wins the job, play to their strengths. Don't beat yourself up trying to make them something they aren't."

I believe that Jennings being a year ahead and being a guy that Les Miles KNOWS will not take too many risks is what will confirm Jennings as the starter.

I do hope that Miles realized our O fucking sucks and doesn't allow for "the same" Far too much talent to be that bad on O.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    LSU John likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have resigned myself. We should look great against the likes of Eastern Michigan and Western KY. Hope we look great against the rest!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't forget McNeese.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This has been widely known by a few of us for a very long time

Well, that isn't going to happen because he would have to get ON the field first. Unfortunately it will take an injury, and before you meat heads start with it NO, I am not wishing AJ to get hurt, just saying that is the only way we get to see Harris.

islstl and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You keep saying this, but I'll bet you $100 that you are wrong. If neither quarterback separates himself in August practice, we will be looking at a two-quarterback season until one of them does. Harris will play in September, probably in game one.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He did it last year, we actually had a passing game with Harris in the early games, then it was curtains.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Harris will enter the game in the 4th quarter with a 45 point lead against McNeese and hand off to the backup running backs.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is not news but i appreciate the reaffirmation. old dog, no tricks. lets play safe. while the world passes you by. i resigned myself to les(s) offense years ago. doesnt mean it doesnt infuriate me each year when its the reason we lose to alabama and whomever which costs us a chance for the national title. fucking les miles. im already annoyed by him again after 2 minutes.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not taking it, eh?

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

In related news, the sky is blue.