Jennings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 29, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I loved Mett's reaction on the sidelines, pulling Jennings towards him to give him a nice bro hug.

Mett was a Tiger through and through, as seen by his crying after the game, knowing it's the last time he is going to step out in that legendary stadium.

I will forever have love for Zach Mettenberger.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well of course he was happy. That has nothing to do with what was asked, really.

You must've missed the Mississippi game?

didit likes this.
  3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Now we see why Senior Rob Bolden and Redshirt Sophomore Stephen Rivers were unseated by a guy who got to Baton Rouge in the Spring...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  4. islstl

He'll be looked up to by the young guns in our receiving corps next year. Tons of talent with that unit next year but will be brutally raw. We have to hope they get acclimated to the college game as quickly as possible. We have Wisconsin right off that bat, and I'm sure they will be ranked inside the top 20, if not the top 15.

Just pray Cam Cameron doesn't jump back into the NFL. He's our only hope of getting these young kids to play well right out of the gate.

ParadiseiNC, cajdav1 and Rouxleaux like this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Unfortunately not, but you don't win them all. Mett has been a breath of fresh air this year, and as long as Cam sticks around I have a ton of hope for the future, think a 2-3 year under qb Jennings? That should scare some people.

LSUDad, Perple and vshouse like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Of course not but that's not what you said; nor what I was addressing. I agree he's been a breath of fresh air but to say he got it done when needed is not accurate.

As for Cam, I credit him for the freshman stepping into a pressure situation and delivering.

7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Wisconsin is not Oregon or Baylor or even LSU for that matter. They will have to deal with us as well. I like our chances even with some of the defections that are sure to happen. I do hope McGee stays...

Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  8. islstl

You'll quickly forget about McGee once Fournette takes the field. He's more talented than Jeremy Hill. By quite a bit.

I don't see why McGee would leave, however.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Jennings at QB, McGee/Fournette in the backfield... that's a constant 3 headed monster that'll want fed, they'll get theirs. Avery Johnson should do well in the recieving game as well.

If Cam doesn't stay for at least a few years, bringing him in was a waste of time and money, and just proves the good ol boy system is alive in BR.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I really hope we don't hear negativity about Mettenberger, but the thing I liked about Jennings was his awareness in the pocket and the use of 5 different receivers as targets. Could Mett have done it, yes, would he have done it, I'm not sure because Jennings mobility helped tremendously.

What a gutsy performance by both guys, and I include Mett because the O line has gotten him killed all year, and this game was no different. Seeing Mett pull the youngster in and hug him and cry around the boot at the end of the game was touching. I'll be pulling for Mett in the NFL, dude is a real leader.

GregLSU, TigerTap, Winston1 and 4 others like this.