Jennings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 29, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Also did it look like Jennings went to Mett and say "that's for you" or something to that effect? That's the young man I want leading this offense next year.

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I'm really not understanding how In one thread your bashing the coaching staff and saying the we should not be happy with independence bowl trips, and in another your excited about the future? Explain this to me please?

3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Well, we don't have Fournette yet, and based on past experience, we need more than one RB. A change of pace is nice and McGee fits the bill as well as being a calming influence on any freshmen that come in. Blue will work as well, but could leave too.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hope we have McGee as well. He has been fun to watch.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Wisc will be a big game like TCU was this year. Biggest thing is our D needs to grow up and fast! We have been gashed by the run way to much and our DBs are about as water tight as a colander. Like I said hopefully this year is just growing pains and we will be back up to defensive form.

Like every year there will be questions, hopefully QB is less of a question mark for next year after tonight.

gyver, islstl and LSUDad like this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

His name is Terrence Magee.

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'm excited about the players we have returning, possibly returning, and hopefully bringing in... the coaching staff has a long way to go to righting the ship... as in get the penalties dealt with; first and fore most the most obvious ones that are killing us... false starts. And to coach these players up, and keep the focus of the team. Quit playing down to the weaker teams level and play our dominant ball. For fucks sake, if you can't see the glaring problems staring us in the face then you aren't watching the same games most of us are.

gyver likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jennings is going to be a lot like Matt Flynn, and hopefully with the same ultimate results.

LSUTiga and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

A blast to the past if anyone is interested in comments he made upon committing to us.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...5/elite-11-qb-anthony-jennings-commits-to-lsu

And, as we saw in the glimpse we got yesterday, this is what will separate him from JJ- imo. Pass first and more football smarts when it comes to reading defenses. He'll also have a better QB coach than several before him. I'm anxious for next season already.
    http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2012/april/6/2013-recruiting-anthony-jennings

gyver likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

this kid is going to be special.....the story next year might be how funny it was that we were all worried about the offense

Richdog, LSUTiga and gyver like this.