Jennings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 29, 2013.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Jennings threw to 3 different receivers on that drive... Mett would have looked for Landry on every play.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah, the only thing that was lacking from this offense all year long was the inability to get the ball to someone other than Landry or Beckham as far as WRs/TEs. He got it to the big TE (could have been a mismatch all year long), and then to Dural for the TD.

If we could have shown an ability to throw in the seam to the TEs from the very beginning of the year (especially on play action), our offense would have been nearly unstoppable.

Pintoracer, didit and gyver like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

5 actually, he completed one to Landry, Gordon, Hill and Dural, he also threw at Boone but it was incomplete. Unless I'm remembering both times Jennings had the ball but I could have sworn he threw it to 5 different receivers.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think you have it correct.

1st pass to the 19 to Gordon. Next pass to Landry at the 30. He ran it just pass midfield on the next play. He throws a short gainer to Hill. Incomplete to someone (Boone, like you say?). Then the bomb to Dural.

I checked the play by play and he actually threw incomplete twice to Boone on that drive. There was one before he threw complete to Landry. I think that was the one where Boone may have run a poor out route towards the sideline as the ball appeared to be thrown to the right spot.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Yikes..hope not.

6. Kal-El012

One 99 yard drive (Against Arkansas) and a few fourth and short conversions in limited SEC play and he's better than Mett?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  7. LaSalleAve

I don't think anyone said that, I think people are saying he is more mobile and brings an aspect to the game Mett cannot. Which I think is true and completely fair.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. Kal-El012

You're right, his mobility adds another aspect to his game and could give defenses some trouble.

I'll be a little more reserved on my opinion of Jennings until next season.

9. LaSalleAve

Now does Jennings have a better arm, or understand the offense and do more in the passing game than Mett, no I don't think so, but I will say this, I feel alot more comfortable about the following season than I ever felt with Mettenberger. I wasn't comfortable with him in 2012, and based on his 2012 performance I didn't feel that comfy going into this season but he far surpassed what I felt, so I was off on him.

I know 1 drive against a terrible team isn't much but with all the added pressure you couldn't ask for more from Jennings, and I feel like our offense is going to be just fine next year.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We'll see in the Spring, as for the Starting QB, like a former coach use to say......“It's wide open as a Case knife in a barroom brawl.”

I just see this offense starting to take hold. Also remember, Brockers was Red-shirted, played two seasons and never played his Jr year. DT is gonna be a wide open positions to keep an eye on.

didit likes this.