Jennings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 29, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I see the O looking like this with some of the positions. On the line having Hawk, Turner, Porter, Alexander and (If La'el leaves) a good shot for an open slot......Evan Washington ( His Dad Marvin, was an 11-year veteran in the NFL playing for the 49ers, Broncos and the Jets ... Dad played defensive end in the NFL, recording 40 career sacks in his 155-game career … Dad played both football and basketball at Idaho and was a 6th round pick in the 1989 NFL Draft ), hes got the bloodline. Pocic, will push,but also be one of the first off the bench, he will push Porter. This year Porter took a few steps forward at his position, was good to see. May see a little more changes with the OL. We'll see.

Travin Dural at one WR, the other slots will have players coming in and out. TE has Gordon(The plus on Gordon is his catching and blocking), this also using a number of players. DeSean Smith creating mismatches.This guy should have a shot at playing next year...
    Neighbors at FB, Melvin Jones being used at FB/HB. Depends who signs, but Magee will get his touches.

I see more of a Cam offense, with personnel, mismatches, etc. The QB will have to be accounted for, unlike this year.

Metts comfort zone was Landry and OBJ, I see this, who wouldn't, too easy to throw the ball up and them come down with it. Best of luck to Mett, great LSU player.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    gyver likes this.
  2. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I have to say that I am cautiously optimistic that Jennings will be a great QB. Having Harris just across the river in Bossier, I've heard great things about his ability. He can come in and compete.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

That 99 yd drive was the perfect balance of run/throw out of a dual threat QB and everything I was hoping for after hearing the ginormous praise of Jennings spring and fall practices.

He and Dural really seem like down to earth guys that will transition into leaders next year.

gyver and Cajun Sensation like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Heard this so many times before the season on the offense, I like what I saw so far. Gonna be fun to watch next year.

islstl and Pintoracer like this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ha! Ain't that the truth. Every time someone reported that Mett had made big strides and that the offense would be more efficient, 10 people had to step in and say "I'll believe it when I see it". Guess they're all believers now.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's going to be a great battle between Harris and Jennings.

Jennings just put himself in the driver's seat with his heroic effort during the Arkansas game. Harris will have to clearly outplay him in the Spring to be named starter.

Rettig is a darkhorse and should not be counted out. Bolden and Rivers only there to carry clipboards most likely.

LSUDad and gyver like this.
  7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I wish Rivers would prove this theory wrong.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know so many were calling for Les and Cam to get Jennings more "in game" playing time. I remember people asking, "What if the games on the line?" Well the game was on the line and it was 99 yds to go for the win. People think that the backup QB is just sitting around during practice, far from it. Cam runs his practice like he did in the NFL, fast. I think I told the story when Cam called out a play and the QB had to stop and think of what was to be done. Cam said .........next! He wants his players to know the playbook, know where everyone is on the field and execute. Second nature, no hesitation. We'll see a little more of his offense in the bowl game.

gyver and GregLSU like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I look forward to watching this game, no matter who we play.

ROY_LA_CA, gyver, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It is exciting, I love Zach Mettenberger, the dude will always be a Tiger, and I feel bad for him and if he could go I'd be furious if he wasn't playing.......

However, that's not gonna happen and Anthony Jennings gets the start in the bowl game and its going to be a preview of what we have to look forward to at the qb position. A look into the future.

How unreal will the expectations be for next season if Jennings lights up the bowl game?

LSUDad likes this.