Jennings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Yea

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I happen to agree with you but it aint happening. Harris has played a few mop up minutes and thrown one pass since the Auburn game. Jennings is our guy. Harris has the clipboard. If Jennings gets hurt, Harris will play otherwise AJ is the QB through 2016. Harris will get a chance at OJT his senior year if he is still here. Harris will always be "not ready". Now I'm done with it. It is what it is.

This was a great team victory tonight. We played like champions, beat the #3 team in the country in front of an electric crowd and some key recruits. This win will pay dividends down the line. Be happy. I'm still grinnin'.

Rouxleaux and Bengal B like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jennings is simply not a good QB nor will he ever be a good QB.

His ceiling and floor are so close together. It's claustrophobic.

They needed to speed things along with Harris in Spring ball to get him prepared to start the 2014 season. We chose the wrong horse.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Doesn't Miles kinda have a history of this? Why would we expect different now?

Rouxleaux likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Exactly where would you have put Harris in?????

StaceyO likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

?????? Exactly what are you watching when Harris is in? He does have talent but he is no even close to ready. He doesn't know the playbook, runs the wrong way on plays. He is as likely to throw the ball out of the stadium as he is to hit the receiver. Had he play the way he has in the past we wouldn't have been in in this game. Had we tried to pass as much as you minions want we would have lost big time. DID YOU SEE OUR Time Of Possession ??? We had the ball for almost a quarter longer than OM. That was because WE RAN THE BALL PEOPLE> THAT IS WHY WE WON (ALONG WITH A LIGHTS OUT D).
    Yes Jennings is limited...but he has the team behind him he has shown improvement each week and gives us the best chance to win at this time. I do hope Harris develops as his promise shows, but we have too much available yet in this season to waste it on experimenting with a true freshman.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He isn't. They are so hell bent on the hatred for Jennings that they are blind to the fact that other than New Mexico State, Harris has looked worse in this offense than Jennings, but that will never be Harris' fault it's Miles fault, but Jennings poor play is Jennings fault.

Have you noticed that Jennings has turned into the player version of Les Miles? No credit for anything done well, lambasting for anything done poorly, and phrases thrown out like "winning despite Jennings"

Gee where have we heard that one before?

KyleK, StaceyO and Winston1 like this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

To start the game. Again I'm sure he could hand the ball off just as efficiently as Jennings.

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If there was a "really like" button, I would have used it. Personally, I am thinking recruiting services are about selling magazines, and online subscriptions now, they "miss" too much these days. Jennings was probably a very good HS QB, in the system he is used at LSU, he is average at best. I don't know why LM has such a hard time finding REAL Qb's. Jennings got the job done, barely..........if LSU would have went down by 14.....that game plan would not have worked.
    Not sure what the deal with Harris is.........however, he won't sit for even 1 more year before he hits the road too. I'm also afraid, some of the high profile receivers were watching. There were several "big" days for receivers around the country, it's fun to watch, I can imagine it's fun to play in too..........................

Rouxleaux likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

We have seen the offensive line improve over the season. Running backs improve. Defense improve. It is time for the QB position to improve. That is the final piece of the puzzle.

vshouse likes this.