Jeremy Hill Declares for NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

He's the one making big money, it's his job to figure it out. If LSU wants me to come up with a plan they can pay my usually high fees. I don't work cheap.
    I haven't analyzed the situation but LSU appears to be losing more than their share of underclassmen.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He could publicly humiliate his NFL bolting player like Petey Carroll did while at USC.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I was using that as an example.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Do you really think that he doesn't try his hardest to get them to stay? The team's performance on the field dictates his job security.

Key word is "appears". You're just too close to the situation to judge it objectively.

cajdav1 likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Has Fournette decommitted? What's happened with this situation to for you say "maybe he'll recommit?"

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't know what he does and neither do you. I do know he loses a lot of underclassmen and he needs to do something about it. People can usually do a better job than they are doing. Les needs to do better in this area.

If Les was always doing the best job possible we wouldn't have had Stud so long nor lost to Ole Miss. Les can do better in this area, I'm sure we all have faith that he will.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Again, I'm just begging for even a vague idea of what this might be. He's competing against major dollars that the league can offer and he can't guarantee that guys who stay won't get injured. Call it the Ciron Black or Charles Scott syndrome. Free room & board and priority scheduling for classes just don't weigh against the league minimum. That's not to say that players don't occasionally make the wrong choice (Faulk, probably Turner), but that's hardly an indictment of Miles. He's not the only one that they consult when making such decisions.

The "best job possible" would mean that we never lose a game or a targeted recruit. To insinuate that he's not putting all of his effort into his program is a wild accusation.

didit and cajdav1 like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

No, it was just a joke, a sarcastic comment. Several had been questioning whether LF would stay committed if JH stayed. So, the comment was, LF has recommitted, since JH has now declared.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Definitely the most nfl ready back in college, good luck 33.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its not like the underclassmen leave to go work at BurgerKing. What 80% of them that leave get a big payday.

Sure, if they all stayed we would be winning NC's most every year, but at the end of the day, the kids has to do whats right for them. I wouldn't pass up the money either.