Jeremy Hill Declares for NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

There is also a kid named Malone, whose dad played something somewhere some time ago.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Congrats to Hill, I hope he goes very high and has a great career while exhibiting the lessons he learned from lsu, the judges, teammates, etc. Be a good citizen Jeremy.

Next man up!

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

They're coming to their senses. I realize the NFL is putting less premium on ONE RB but there's no way that guy makes it to the 3rd round. His production was as good as any of the top RBs in the country and he did it with less carries.

Kiper and McShay had him as the 3rd or 4th best RB. So you're telling me teams will go for a 5'10 195 lb. Carey (he is a talent) over a 6'2 235 Hill who's stronger, just as fast, just as shifty, and has less mileage. Not a chance, especially when he kills the combine (if he goes to combine).

I know there are character issues but he's not a sexual predator or a bar bully. Teams will CTC (cut the check) early in the draft and keep a close eye on him.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Meh, I don't know if there are "real" character issues. He made a few dumb mistakes that I'd be willing to bet he won't make again. He was a kid when he made the first one, and that was a "mistake" I'm sure lots of us would have or in some of our cases did make when we were kids. We just a) didn't get caught and b)weren't prized recruits for a major D1 program. The other was what I'm sure was a racially incited incident and he understandably lost his cool. Not excusable but understandable.

What I question was the public "I owe a lot to Les and the program so I want to come back and play another year"

With the sudden flip perhaps I'm reading too much into it but it seems far less contrite and more like a ploy to make everyone think he is a much better person before he enters the draft. Probably could have just come out from the jump and say "I'm gone".

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree completely. Well said.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

At his size, he closer to the size of a FB. Pro teams love his size. He will do well. You can bet Cam has been getting calls from team reps wanting info on Hill. Best of luck to him.