Jeremy Hill Decommits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 7, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

But it was right after he visited the Tide, I mean right after. I'll hang up :popcorn:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban is the king of negative recruiting, next to the crew at USC.

3. TUSKtimes

What's to be negative about?

Flagship SEC University.

More championships then anyone can possible count.

When we say we will run it, we mean it.

Coolest unis on the planet.

No one will ever confuse us with those other Tigers.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wasn't his decision ultimately and the reason is because a few in his camp (at least one in his family) where pushing him to decommit to open up his horizons when going on these already scheduled visits. Nothing about Bama according to him and according to TSD he said he was more interested in checking in on what Hilliard and Patterson HS were doing in the playoffs while on his Bama visit.

LSU is still in the driver's seat and has a big lead.

Hill seems to have been doing all the right things given the circumstances over the last few months with the pushing and pulling within his camp and has been open with the LSU staff about it.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No, you misunderstood. Negative recruiting is talking smack about opposing universities and opposing coaches. Like Kiffin telling Alshon Jeffery he would be pumping gas if he went to South Carolina.

And I agree with everything you said about Alabama, except the uniforms.

6. TUSKtimes

Kind of my point.
    If I was trying to sell you a better car, there's no point in kicking your tires and making fun of your crazy paint job. I would kindly let you know why my car is superior to yours. Save the name calling until we start negotiating price.

I'm just saying, Coach has a pretty nice car.

7. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Yup. Family issues. Also, depth is not a issue because Hill wanted Hilliard at LSU believe it or not...

Shea thinks Hill will definitely end up at LSU in the end and I trust him. He is rarely wrong. I just find it odd he would decommit to take visits, despite what he said.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well, a nice shiny paint job doesn’t mean dependable and reliable, and in your coaches case neither of those apply. So give me the car with a few scratches in the paint, but will always run the race to the finish. Just because you can get from 0-60 with a nice shiny painted car doesn’t mean you will finish the race. Your coaches track record has shown finishing the race isn’t something he is accustomed to.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Well in fairness to Kiffin, he was right about Alshon Jeffrey and South Carolina. Alshon will be pumping gas because he went there, only he will be pumping it into his bentley in a couple of years.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Does Alabama really believe they are the Flagship University of the SEC..

Based on what.
    LSU has MORE BCS national championships in recent history than Bama does.
    Bama is ONE of the Flagship universities. But honestly buddy the reason people dislike Bama fans so much is exactly that. You guys really believe your stool doesnt stink. Trust me it really does, and spare me the "NCAA Sanctions" stuff. Bama cheated its part of your legacy you got caught. That is included in your "Flagship" status....
    Matter of fact in the last 10-12 years you could Argue LSU and Florida simply based on Titles, Bowl records and overall record...
    Bama being strong IS good for the SEC that I agree.
    But no more than UF, UGA, LSU, Auburn. Those programs are all the flagship programs. These are the programs that the media pudnits talk about when they discuss "The strength of the SEC"

no offense to USC or Arkansas...

Flagship programs dont give up 24 point leads to their arch rival at home. Your stool does really stink like the rest of us... If that was Les Miles his house would have been burned down and every Bama fan and SEC fan in the world would be laughing at LSU saying "Man I hope LSU keeps miles for ever blah blah blah blah"

Seriously dude, you Bama fans need a pretty large dose of reality.

Also the "More Championships that you can count" is laughable but that has been debated for years. No interest in beating that dead horse.
    Yes Bama has several championships, I am aware. But their "Throne" has long been taken away by the likes of LSU, Florida and even Auburn who has 2 undefeated seasons in recent history.

I would argue there is now and has been for the better part of the last 15 years a Roundtable of flagship programs in the SEC. Bama just got their seat back at the table. But its just that a seat at the table.

I think you were the one who said Penn State is not as storied a program as Bama, that was probable the dumbest thing I have ever read. Titles ? Maybe. But as far as tradition, history and fan base. Penn State is up there with everyone else.

You guys really need to turn the page on Bear Bryant. Those days are LONG gone....... Bama IS a great university and a great program, that I wont argue but to continue to claim everyone in the SEC wishes they were Bama, well facts over the last decade have long dispelled that belief. Times have long changed on that front.

1 person likes this.