Jeremy Hill Decommits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 7, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Miles has always said if his commits start looking around, so will LSU. It really doesn't matter to me what reason Hill has for de-committing, but I suspect he's through.

I don't remember any recruit that has broken his commitment and then committed again.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is no flagship SEC university, you poor demented acid casualty.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

"Flagship" would encompass forever. Just imagine a little old lady in San Fran taking exception with the New York Yankees because of their "Flagship" status. She's all excited about her new found success and even though we're happy for her, she's not really getting the big picture. But we still like her, I can't emphasis that enough.

Florida as a "flagship" would be a 5 minute egg in the big scheme of things. Meaning until the mid 90's the only thing synonymous with Gainesville was Gatorade and electrolyte. Auburn has no "Flag" and their boat is starting to remind me of the titanic.

Not sure what to make of your infatuation with Penn State. Being from state college myself, neither I nor most of my family members have such illusions. Usually when I go visiting these days they see me coming (Bama gear) and mostly just swear a lot. I just thought it was the hat.

4. gotigers39401

gotigers39401 Founding Member

Amen TexasTigers!!!

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

To some point I agree, but to consider Bama the Flag ship of the SEC is a bit self serving. Just how old is the SEC? and just who were the original members, that are still members? Those are the flagships of the SEC, not 1 individual institution. End of story. It has nothing to do with who was dominant during what decade and for how long.

The only other logical determining factor for choosing the flagship universities of the SEC would be by size, in that case UF, UGA, and LSU would be the 3 flagship universities, with UF being the Flagship. One could use the argument of the oldest, but that has nothing to do with the SEC, they were all born in 1932 in that regards.

For the record if you google: Which is the flagship university of the Southeastern Conference, ya know who shows up 1st. Thats right you got it, LSU baby.:rofl:
    [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=which+is+the+flagship+university+of+the+southeastern+conference&btnG=Search&hl=en&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai="]which is the flagship university of the southeastern conference - Google Search[/ame]

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Really getting tired of this Tusktimes ...why dont you go back to your "flagship" forums and stay the eff out of ours :rolleye33:

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

There is no such thing as "Forever" in sports.....

That would be like saying Mike Tyson is the "Flagship" of Boxing. Times change..

I edited my post since you quoted it. I will restate this piece

"I would argue there is now and has been for the better part of the last 15 years a Roundtable of flagship programs in the SEC. Bama just got their seat back at the table. But its just that a seat at the table"

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yes that was very apparent when ya'll played this year :rofl:

1 person likes this.
  9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

THIS is how you respond to delusion. Quick, factual, hard hitting. I like it.

The other responses are just what he was looking for. Trying to get people fired up. (it's called trolling...trolls do it) It worked.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This one's pretty good, too...:rofl: