Jeremy Hill & La'el Collins May Return

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

For those who remember when Kevin Faulk stayed and Alan Faneca left, Faulk struggled some his senior year because Faneca was such a dominant blocker. If Hill stays I hope Collins does as well. Really it may be better for Collins to stay as there are some stud LTs coming out and another year may help him more.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

For LSU fans and me, I'll be happy if they stay... For the players... Collins could use another year to boost his draft status and NFL OL have long careers. Hill needs to be gone last week. The average shelf life for an NFL RB is about 4 years. Because of his limited playing time at LSU as well as splitting careers instead of being a feature back, Hill has fresh legs and few bumps and bruises. Go make your money, son.

didit, ParadiseiNC and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hope they both stay. I love how so many fans are moaning over early departures out of one side of their mouths, then insisting it's silly for them to stay out of the other.

I think we can all agree that our team is stronger if these two guys stay. Enough said about that. I understand that OBJ and Landry had much to gain by going--but wish they'd have stayed, too. Johnson and Ferguson? I think they'd have improved their stock with an actual dominant year.

As for Hill...does his probation have anything to do with possibly staying?

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[quote="StaceyO, post: 1377039, member:

As for Hill...does his probation have anything to do with possibly staying?[/quote]

Someone asked me this same question yesterday.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i dont think so , judges usually amend probation status for work related issues.

6. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Something out of the ordinary is going on that's for sure. When do they have to declare for draft?

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Jan 15th

8. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

In most cases it is the PO that approves or denies any changes to the terms of ones probation. Regardless, his probation shouldn't be an issue.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm wondering if Hill is hearing anything about character issues hurting his draft stock. Could that be why he is staying one more year, to shake that persona? Or is it just 2 high school buddies wanting another year together?

10. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Its probably a smart move for both players. Its worth $millions to move up to the first round. And each have a shot at being an all-American if they stick around another year. Fournette expects to come in and be the feature back, however. I'd hate to see him reconsider if this is just rumor and Hill actually goes pro.