Jerrell Powe commits to LSU; stolen from Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Yeah, and this commit might not stick.

Check out this interview post-commit

"“It was a hard choice,” Powe says. “Auburn and LSU were still neck-and-neck, but I like Coach Les Miles. They were high on my list at Oklahoma State. I was considering them. When they came to LSU and I got to talking to them, and LSU is a great team, this was just something I wanted to do on TV. I think I worked hard to get down here. I really wanted to set an example for my kids back at home. A lot of guys look up to me. I didn’t have to do that. I’m not the type that likes all the attention. My whole school was watching this on a big screen.

“I like LSU, but it’s just something I basically (did on TV). I was the first one from my school ever to be an All-American. That’s basically how my decision was made. It’s still subject to change on signing day. Auburn is still neck-and-neck and Ole Miss is slightly behind them. This is not my final choice. I just like LSU and I was actually doing what my mom said, that I should do it for the kids.”

See the rest HERE

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

That's why I can't get too worked up about ANY of these "commitments" 'til they've faxed their papers in.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

How does committing to LSU on TV over Auburn help 'the kids' back home? I guess he's acknowledging how much more prestigous LSU is than Auburn :D

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Thanks for the interview link but now Im REALLY not excited about this kid. He is basically saying that whatever it was he did on TV isnt a commit and he only did it for his friends and family? Goofy...

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Yeah, but it helps LSU a lot that the first recruit Miles lands is a big time player. Recruits whose heads were turning away are now going to be wondering what kind of magic is going on down in BR. This could really help us with some other kids.

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Tells you something doesn't it?

7. Proud Tiger

Thanks. I've been working hard today and needed a good laugh :rofl: :rofl:

8. friday

friday Founding Member

reading further into his comments leads me to believe that this kid may need a few years of JUCO.

“I have been around Auburn a lot, but I want to see how they really are,” Powe says. “Anybody can show you a good time. It’s like when you first meet somebody. I just can’t go by that. I have to see how the relationship is between the players and how the coaches do. They might laugh in your face, but when you get there it’s different. I want to see some one-on-one with some guys and say ‘tell me the truth. How do you like it? Do you think you made a bad decision?’ That’s how my decision is going to be made in February and I might withhold then.”

9. Proud Tiger

Is this kid John Kerry in disguise? He is flip flopping faster than Kerry ever did :grin: :grin:

Now I'm having second thoughts about him.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

There's an easier way to get laughs...

[​IMG]

:wink: