Jerry Sevin commits to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeBTigers, Jun 11, 2002.

1. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

The Tigers get a committment from Jerry Sevin of John Curtis - per Dandy Don's website.

Can someone give us some poop on the kid? How tall, how big, what position he plays, what he projects to play at LSU, will he contribute early, etc...

only a couple more months to football season!!

2. StLee

StLee Founding Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiger Rag

OL Sevin commits to LSU
    By Greg LaRose
    Date: Jun 11, 2002

The class lineman of the Nike Camp in Tuscaloosa, Ala., has made his decision. Jerry Sevin of John Curtis will play for LSU in 2003.

Sevin (6-3, 295) received a scholarship offer from LSU in May and accepted the offer in the office of head coach Nick Saban last Friday. He picked the Tigers ahead of Colorado and UCLA, two of the 32 that schools had offered scholarships to Sevin.

A two-time all-state lineman, Sevin says he will play guard at LSU and eventually move to center once Tiger starter Ben Wilkerson graduates. Sevin is the sixth early commitment for LSU's 2003 signing class and is qualifed academically.

Newberg

Give LSU A Sevin!
    By Jamie Newberg
    Date: Jun 11, 2002

One thing is for certain, the reigning SEC Champs know how to recruit and LSU Head Coach Nick Saban is quickly establishing himself as one of the nation's top recruiters after the last two recruiting seasons. Well this season, the Tigers are off to a great start. Last Friday, the Bayou Bengals picked up a verbal commitment from one of the nation's top O-line prospects, Jerry Sevin.

Jerry Sevin is a strong and powerful OL from River Ridge (La.) John Curtis High School. He plays guard and center and could play either position in college.
    "Some schools like me as a guard and others as a center," said Sevin. "It doesn't matter to me. I just go out there and knock people off the ball. I love that. I am quick and strong. Right now, I am more of a run blocker."

The reason why Sevin is more of a run blocker is because John Curtis runs the ball 80% of the time. Last season, Sevin averaged almost seven pancake blocks per game. He has also started 43 consecutive games since his freshman season and has only given up one sack in that time span. At LSU, he will start out at guard because Ben Wilkerson is now a young center for the Tigers.

"I just want to play. That is one of the reasons why I love LSU... I can get early playing time. Plus, I love the coaches and I grew up always wanting to play for the LSU Tigers."

LSU, UCLA, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Colorado, Texas A&M and Alabama are some of the schools that have offered Sevin. He committed to LSU over Colorado and UCLA.

"Sevin can play OG or C"

3. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Looks like saban is picking up where he left off in recruiting. Glad to see him going after top notch in state players...that are QUALIFIED ACADEMICALLY!!!

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Sounds like a GREAT signee. Size, versatility, and grades.