jerry stovall fans unite against me.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Apr 26, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i am very sorry for the plane crash that thrust jerry into his position (for any history buffs go look up nc state head coaches....can't remember the guys name but he was good).....however, alternating gambrell and cambell at center during games? you don't hold center tryouts during games....inexcusable....bring it on....this guy was a terrible coach.......period. (let's get it on....now!!!!) :angry: :mad: :mad:

2. BengalBelle9119

BengalBelle9119 Founding Member

His name was Beau Rein, I believe. I remember the day very well because I had given birth to my son the day before. I was devasted to hear the news. I just knew he was going to our Saban!

3. snorton938

you for real girl friend....because i remember it all too well in slidell...and yes you got the name very right....they were trying to rebuild after charlie and as usual .....aw sh*t....jerry had to step up which was fine but after that....no sympathy.....it's like a catch 22.....

4. snorton938

by the way bengalbelle...you have to frequent alot more often (all the forums).....you keep me very much in-line....they don't make it like you much anymore.....

5. snorton938

by the way ya'll...i want you to notice something. i was looking for a fight with one of those "old school br fans" who never ever even set foot on lsu soil as a student (ever!!!!).....they were so dull they had no life...but...this lady is so real and deserves and has earned my respect so well....piece it together....the real deal is bengalbelle and i love her (now girl don't you ever dare to call the police after me....i'll deny it ever happened....)

6. snorton938

one last thing girl friend....god bless you....you are special..

7. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

STOVALL

I AGREE that Stovall was an inept coach, but McClendon was a winner for many years. I was there for all of them. Fate was not kind when Bo Rein went down in that plane crash. After that, LSU sorta lost its way and for the most part it was no fun living in Atlanta and Phoenix being a Tiger.

There are many of us, Bengal Belle who remember, and there are many now who have a foggy, watered down vision of the Tigers of the 60's & 70's. They were a force to be reckoned with. I'm a Tiger for Life! :geaux: :champs: :bball: :tigerhead :lsup: :lsug:

8. BengalBelle9119

Gosh Snorton, you are welcomed and encouraged to post each day! I don't know why some people are so shocked that some women are and can be ever as passionate about LSU football as men? Not the norm I guess. My love, my hobby is LSU sports, especially football. My bosses and my husband ask me questions about LSU. I am like all of you guys and get t-shirts, flags, bags, garden markers, key chains, etc every year for birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day and any other holiday.

Actually, I did not graduate from LSU, but from Nichol's. I'm from 'down da bayou' and that is what I wanted. But, my Dad gave me the love of LSU sports, although my Mom loved Tulane, even though they both graduated from Texas universities. I moved to BR shortly thereafter and purchased my season tickets. (Hate to tell you what year, cause that would date me). I have only missed 3 home games in the last (ahem) years. My daughter and son (the one that was born the day before Bo Rein died) attend every game with me. Not because I need help, but because I need a designated driver!

9. BengalBelle9119

Arizona Tiger.........I agree that Cholly Mac was an incredible coach. My husband and I used to have many arguements over his coaching ability. To me, he was incredible, to my DH, he was a reason to blame over the loss of a game. Wonder how we are still married after this disagreement? I had the opportunity to meet Coach Mac in my profession a few years before his death. He was an extroidanary man/human being. I was just in awe of him.

Is Gilbert, AZ near Phoenix? That city rings familiar with me as I had the opportunity to visit a good friend there a few years back.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree that Bo Rein's death was definitely a sad day for all LSU fans alike. But if you look at the winning percentage of LSU teams following Charlie Mac up until the late 80s meltdown with Archer, it's much in line with what Charlie Mac achieved the 20 or so prior years. So I don't think LSU "lost it's way". It continued to be successful for the better part of the 80s decade. It only lost its way when someone named Joe Dean made 3 consecutive effed up choices in head coach.