jerry stovall fans unite against me.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Only Snorton would post a message and respond to his own message four times before anyone reads it. Snorton, you are a piece of work.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Snorton hears a who!

3. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

Bengal Belle, you're right that Gilbert Az is in the Phoenix area. We're about 35 miles SE of downtown PHoenix.

Cholly Mac made his share of mistakes like most of us humans, but he loved LSU and was a leader & teacher of young men. It's great that you have developed a love for the Tigers and get to see all the games. Fortunately for people like me, most are on national TV. :geaux:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uh, Jerry Stoval was National Coach of the Year in 1982, chief. He had his moments.

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Stovall redshirted most of one of the most talented recruiting classes ever at LSU in 1983, building for the future, and subsequently had a lousy year and got fired. It was with these players that Arnsparger was so sucessful in his three years and Mike Archer in his first year. Neither Arnsparger or Archer recruited successfully. Arnsparger didn't care and Archer had to fight allegations of racism. We all know what kind of coach Curly was and ultimately Dinardo. The fact that Nick was able to come in and be fairly successful in his first two years shows that DiNardo was at least a fair recruiter.

I think had Jerry Stovall been able to weather the storm in '83 LSU probably would not have fallen on the bad times later on. JMO