Jerseys in SECCG?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GBIS4LSU, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Don't change the helmets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

You're right the field looks awesome now unlike

the bland look it had under the Dinardo era. They had an old LSU game on espn classics the other week and it was in the mid 90's when we had that plain gold as our letters and no eye of the tiger.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Re: How about this?

How in the world does Clayton get his head into that helmet???????:D

Also, how about purple jerseys, purple helmets, and purple pants?
    It would be like playing Boise st on their home field. No way could uga concentrate on a game when we're looking that ugly! ;)

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Maybe we could get a purple field too ;)

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I wish we would wear the purple jerseys, my favorite.......

6. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I say don't touch a thing. I was hosting an Ole Miss/LSU watch party for the game out here in LA, a few of my SC friends attended and they thought the game looked classic just b/c of the Ole Miss/LSU unis. It's not often football fans gather and discuss uniforms and such . . . but they were impressed with our uniforms and how good they look on TV. The reason for this, I believe, is that our colors translate well on TV, and we do use a classic older design in our uniforms. I work in design, and all of my friends do as well, so it wasn't that odd that these people discussed this. Of course it is all personal taste, but I was surprised SC fans (who are very proud of their unis/colors/look) were so impressed with our uniforms.

I promise if we change everything (like going to full on purple unis, changing the gold, adding black, losing white, etc), in 5 years a new coach will come along and want to change everything back to it's tradiational look. Why mess with something that works, and something that most people agree about around the country . . . our colors and unis look great.

Change is good sometimes, but change also brings about crappy designs as well, such as logos like our new one.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I agree. I don't want to change anything. I would like to see, however, us wear our purple jerseys a little more often. This would not be a change, it would just be wearing something from the past that we've kind of gotten away from.

8. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

we sound like a bunch of women asking each other what they're going to wear to the Christmas party....why do we have this tired conversation before every game?

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If it bothers you, don't open the thread. I happen to think that the image LSU gives off to the nation is important.

10. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I like the white pants look, what about our gold helmets, white jerseys, with white pants? I will probably be in a minority here.