Jerseys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Dec 9, 2002.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Does any one know what colored jerserys we will wear at the game? Texas is the home team so if they choose to wear white does that mean we wear purple, possibly gold.

2. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

my insider source told me black jerseys with purple helmets (with the new logo and tiger) and white pants

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

UGH! I hope you are wrong! If Texas is the home team, they will be in burnt orange, and we will be in white.

4. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

of course i am joking, but wouldn't that be ugly ?

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Why don't we wear purple more.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Maybe we can join the SWAC too. A few of those teams have some nasty looking unis.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Can you imagine if we came out in some dark on dark combination that has run through the NFL lately. Saints with all black unis, Miami in all teal tonight, Seattle in all blue. UGH!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

My high school had the same colors as LSU and we sometimes wore purple on purple, it didn't look bad at all. But seeing the Tigers in that would be a little weird though I admit.

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Because it is a tradition to wear white at home and traditions are sacred. Much like the "Two Bits" cheer. Grrr, I really hate that one... Once you have a tradition, it is nearly impossible to drop it. Even if it kills several students, like in the Aggie bon-fire tradition (there, made this slightly Texas related :D ).

Does anyone know why this tradition got started? I had always assumed that LSU wore white because it forced the other team to wear their dark color which soaked up more sunshine and heat. A little extra home field advantage. But didn't we usually played at night back when this tradition started? Or did this start before we started playing at night? Anyone have a clue?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't even think it. Last year the basketball team wore black unis for the NIT game against Iowa and they sucked. Why not wear white helmets with an off white Tiger logo, white jerseys with off white numbers, white pants and white shoes. Them we could all pray for a heavy snowfall