Jerseys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Dec 9, 2002.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

It worked for Miss State in the Indy Bowl a few years ago:p

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I like the purple jerseys. I just wish they would wear them with white paints with the stripes and either a purple or white helment. I do not like the yellow we use and with the purple makes for to much color.

3. I loved the white helmets! I was kinda bummed when we didnt wear them the next year. I wish we would wear more of a variety kinda like Miami with the 3 different uniforms. I would definitely like to see more purple though.

4. Graytiger

Graytiger Freshman

As I understand it, the white jersies for home games go way, way back. Before television ruled the sport. In the "olden" days teams chose to wear either colored or dark jersies at home. Most of them wore the white ones. I don't know why. After television coverage and the money it brought became more common, the NCAA decreed that home jersies be the dark color to make it easier for viewers to see which team was home. Sounds ridiculous. But knowing the NCAA's desire to control every aspect of collegiate sports, it is believable. LSU won it's national championship while wearing the white jersies, so they became sort of a good luck charm. I can remember the ire at the NCAA when the colored jersey at home order came down. If there had been the internet back them we would have probably have looked like Tider Indider. Nah! We could never be that bad.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

We have not played Texas or been to the Cotton Bowl in over 40 years. We need to mark the event by wearing something other than white.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Anything but that.. Yuck.. Let wear our normal home Uniforms. If UT wants White, then we dawn the Purple Shirts.

Just please, no white Helmets or all Purple.

7. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

If we wear Crimson helmets with an OU on them there is no way Texas would beat us. Simms would throw about six picks.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

It would look good with our regular purple jerseys

9. tiger7171

tiger7171 Founding Member

uniforms

to any color uniforms beside white or purple.:)

10. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Nutty, that was a good one, low but a good one! Sad thing is I am begining to belive it! NTH