Jesus' Crucifixion and Resurrection

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MFn G I M P, Mar 27, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

He had to suffer for man's sins. It was his destiny (insert Darth Vader breathing here......).

by the way, martin, did the mexican window washer see you naked? people hanging outside my window would freak me straight the hell out. also, was he wearing an IPOD? :thumb:

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Did the Catholic Church start allowing that already? Damn, things are moving fast these days.....

Anyway, to answer the question why He had to die for our sins, it goes something like this:

Since Adam and Eve had sinned and thus tainted all of mankind and creation in general with Original Sin (thus severing the flow of grace from God to man, kind of like the flow of blood from the heart), there had to be a sacrifice or "reparation" to "pay the debt" so to speak. This sacrifice had to be a "perfect" sacrifice to restore mankind. By perfect they mean free of sin or untainted. Since all of mankind had been tainted by Original Sin, a normal man, no matter how holy would still fall short of what was necessary. Therefore God had to become man, and as He is free from sin, his sacrifice was perfect. Thus the number of Sacraments in the Church where man is assured of receiving grace, like Communion, etc.

I'm no theologian but it seems plausible at least that sin and grace, function along those lines.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The Jews were not Catholics...

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

TigerEducated:

There must be some confusion; my post was in response to Cparso, and I didn't mean to give the impression that the Jews were Catholic. I'm aware of the difference.

Originally posted by CParso:

The above post was what I was responding to.....

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Episcopal priests and bishops can have wives. Not all Christians are Catholics.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

the day before the window guy comes, they slide a letter under your door saying you need to close your blinds or put away your dong or whatever. so the mexicans dont get to see your dirty business, unless you want them to.

happy easter everyone.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is so obviously senseless. i think the only answer christians have is that they have faith that they know they are right.

obviously it isnt a sacrifice for god to give up anything. he can have whatever he wants . jesus doesnt have to be his only son, he doesnt have to kill him. also, it isnt really a sacrifice for god, because jesus just goes to heaven and sits at the right hand of god anyways. so its not like god gave up anything. only a human would care about a person dying, because we miss them, god doesnt miss jesus, because he is in heaven with him. plus, if god just really likes jesus better in human form, he could just make him human. and jesus is one third of the holy trinity himself, so i assume he could make himself human again. it makes zero sense in a hundred ways.

when jesus is on the cross and he says "forgive them father they know not what they do", does he think god doesnt know that? and why do they need to be forgiven for crucifying jesus, thats what they are supposed to do. was god like "oh yes thanks jesus, i had forgotten that, even though i created them and and know everything, thanks for the reminder"

and also before his death jesus said " God, why have you forsaken me". wow, now that really makes no sense.

cparso knows that the most basic premise of christianity is total nonsense.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Well the simple answer is that since God commanded the Israelites to sacrifice an unblemished lamb as a ceremonial cleansing of their sin, once a year on passover, the sacrifice is not what cleansed them rather it was their obedience to follow what God told them. Jesus was needed to cleanse all people because sin entered the world through one man and it was needed for an unblemished "man" to be sacrificed to give life.
    I'm not really a biblical scholar or anything so if this doesn't make sense to anyone just say so and I will try to clarify.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

martin, he was setting an example to show how merciful he was towards humans...You have the choice to follow, to be lukewarm (as I sometimes feel as if I am), to backslide (as we all have), or even not to believe...

The beauty of my religion is that it does not persecute or torment you for not being "down with" Christianity...But regarding you question, God sent his son as an example of just how forgiving he was and how much he loved us and wanted us to see his love for us...

I hope that answers your question, though I know it does not.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, i guess your right, the eternal damnation and hellfire i will recieve for not believing isnt so bad.

my dad really likes me. maybe he should kill my sister to prove it. that would be a very sweet sacrifice.