Jets over Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

When we saw the ones yesterday, the guy i was with commented that they were not the same as the ones that flew during the AppState game. But hell, he does not know anything.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We got B-52's at barksdale. Thats what I want to see fly over. Low and slow.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If you don't have ear plugs, buy some.

Hell, the BUFFs might stir up that acid from 30 years ago. :wave:

4. 1cajuninokc

1cajuninokc Founding Member

I love the sound of F15's, its the sound of freedom. If it's not an F-15 its a target. My brother and I were both stationed at Langley AFB Va and both worked on F-15's. On occasion there are F-15's here at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. I don't know what flew over the OU/Cincy game the other day but it looked like trainers from Altus AFB OK.

The F-15 in that picture above is from Kadena AFB Japan.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

here is the one from the game at bama three years ago. bout made me poop myself.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtKmIUM-S8&feature=related[/MEDIA]

though with msu you never know what youre gonna get

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9g4axEXZdI[/MEDIA]

6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

I nearly passed out from laughing at that little bi-plane do a flyover in Stark-Vegas...I bet they were able to land in a cowfield adjacent to the stadium and were in their seats before the coin toss.

7. COTiger

1st TFW??

Nothing more impressive than watching an Eagle take off, the pilot stand it on its tail, light the burners, and go vertical to 40k. :thumb:

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I saw them today at work, it looked like 2 sets of four or the same four circled around mighty mighty fast. They were really moving until they got near the airport and just seemed to slam the brakes on before slowly gliding down. Loved the flyover the first game and sure hope it happens again.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I have been to events with a multitude of aircraft doing the fly over. My favorite would be the A-10. A handful of those pigs and your dinner comes about half way back up. They are sloooow but still, they are tanks with wings.

When I was at Ft. Hood running M1's we would sit in open flat fields waiting for the trucks to come pick up the tanks and bring them in to the wash rack. While sitting in that open field, a squad of A-10's would fly over and practice picking off tanks on a battlefield. They would fly over as close as 5 to 700 feet over and although this practice phucks over a good nap, it never fails to just boil the juices in your spine.

1 person likes this.
  10. COTiger

Now you're going to make me tell a war story. :lol:

Had to be 30 years ago my next door neighbor was a USAF E-6 but he was a ground controller assigned to whatever division it was at Ft. Carson (4th??). They scheduled a demo of the Warthogs capabilities at one of Carson's down ranges. He arranged for VIP access for me so I got an up close look at its firepower with that Gatling gun in the nose. Those poor Iraqis in the tanks & APCs in Desert Storm were toast when the Hog arrived on station.

1 person likes this.