Jill Arrington leaving CBS Sports...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Feb 23, 2004.

1. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Small disagreement there cajdav1. Most of these women announcers don't know crap about the game. The exceptions, IMO, are Linda Cohen and Suzy Colber (sp). Linda is aggravating and not much to look at, but Suzy has this cute, adorable quality about her, and she really knows her stuff. Plus she proved she could handle herself with Broadway Joe.

Eye candy is good, but Jill regularly has to read notecards for halftime interviews of the coaches. That alone confirms for me that she doesn't have a clue, much less a good follow-up question based upon the coach's response.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

For every dumb thing she says or asks I can give you several that the men in their same position have said or asked, of course starting with that sideline reporter that got into all of the trouble during the World Series a few years ago, to Swannie, the interview with Carr during the OSU/Mich game, the talking heads at ESPN, who get to script their stuff beforehand and rehearse it, all of the guys on every pre-game show really. There isn't a one of them that has not said something stupid on many an occasion. And if you talked to Jill you would actually see that she does know quite a lot about college football, just doing it live maybe isn't her forte i guess. But like I said, if we have to have someone doing these idiotic sideline interviews and reports then I'd just as soon it be a good looking woman.

I mean, just look at the Tiger announcers if you want to see men who have made incredibly stupid statements over and over again, if they were women they would have been run off the air by now.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I dont care if they are reading cue cards or not, its much nicer to look at a pretty woman doing the interview than Swannie, Arute...etc. Who cares if they MAY know a little less than the guys about football or how big their hands are. They are basically told what questions to ask anyway.

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Re: thank you!!

And I bet you wouldn't go out with her because of her hands.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I would rather they kill the sideline reporting. It is pretty meaningless. Let's see more of the game and less meaningless information. The halftime interviews are pointless anyway (a la Stoops tirade at the Sugar). If I wanted eye candy during football, I would have bought the Lingerie Bowl on PPV.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Eye candy, you want eye candy? Then screw the half time interviews and show us the Golden Girls instead!

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Here you go 65Grad

[​IMG]

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

jill arrington is very knowledgeable and was an athlete at UM Canes. Actually Leslie Visser is very sports smart also but was dumped awhile back.

9. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Off the subject,but...notice that the newer broadcasters at espn are better looking now. Berman is oldschool. You don't see Tom Mees or Charlie Steiner's ugly mug anymore. Linda and Stuart are keeping the average respectable though.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Most people in the reporting field read from notecards.