Jimbo Fisher offered the NC State OC position...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 9, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He was actually offered it early last week but Miles also interviewed him twice as well. Mike Scarborough (sp?) had even reported mid-week last week that Fisher was going to NC State.

Old news. :D

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Actually, he & Muschamp flew down there togther last week, from what I understood...I did not have confirmation that he had been offered the job until now...

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wonder what the deal with Crowton is? I mean, I presume all of this lays in the balance with what Jimbo decides.....

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Confirmation came several days ago per the Advocate which paraphrased Jimbo as saying he was offered the State OC and LSU OC positions.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Shhhhh.. Let TE think he is ahead of the game..... :thumb:

7. max

max Founding Member

Hasn't it been reported that Miles offered Muschamp the DC position? I have also heard rumors of Dave Campo and/or George Edwards interviewing for the position.

What is the deal with Bill Clay? Everyone was assuming that he would be the DC. I think that everyone privately still expects Clay to be named DC. I guess nobody knows anything regarding this whole situation.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Take it Jimbo, just take it.

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Max,
    I believe Mushamp went to Miami with Saban. The hard fact in all this is that Jimbo has been offered the LSU and NC State job. Naturally you would think he would take the LSU job but he wouldn't have the control that he used to.

Hopefully Crawton will be our guy, nothing against Jimbo but I think a change would be good. I really hope that Campo becomes our DC. This would be awesome. I think Miles and Campo coached together somewhere else. I can't remember where it was now though.

Clay is supposedly going to be the LB coach. He is somewhat controversial in terms of becoming the DC because the "D" at OSU was not very good. But initially I think Miles thought Clay good do much better with teh LSU athletes.

THis is a given. Any DC would look better with great athletes but are the schemes and plans good enough to be top rated in the SEC is the question.

10. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I would guess Miles and Campo coached together in Dallas.........