Jimbo Fisher offered the NC State OC position...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 9, 2005.

1. W-S Tiger

W-S Tiger Founding Member

I wonder if he will get bright red sunglasses with matching shoes?

2. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

NC State not a promotion but I hope he takes it

Although I certainly do not see NC State as a promotion for Jimbo Fisher (and maybe not even a lateral unless you figure that the OC here will be less important since Miles is an offense-minded HC), I hope and think he will take that job. As far as my hopes are concerned, I think Jimbo served well but not spectacularly. As a caller to John Fein's show today said, there should have been a QB who was between Mauck/Randall and Russell/Flynn who could take over--but Jimbo doesn't seem to have taught much to Lester Ricard and Rick Clausen, because they left here looking bad and went on to do some pretty good work. Randall should NOT have been the QB this year to the extent he was. I appreciate his loyalty to the program (but I also know no other Div. IA team would have offered him a scholarship) but the NC team shouldn't have been left with a choice between him and two redshirt freshmen. And Jimbo's play calling is much too conservative, but maybe that's under Saban's influence. Anyway, those are some of my reasons for hoping he'll move on so that Miles can put in a very flashy offense.

As far as my statement that he SHOULD move on, one thing I've learned in life is not to try to work for the person who got the job you were somehow in the running for. It makes you feel strange and it always creates some loyalty issues. Besides, NC State might need a strong OC, and give Jimbo more leeway than Saban gave him. It will give him a view of another fairly strong conference, rounding out his experience. :geauxtigs