JIMBO GONE TO STATE?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RiverRidgeTiger, Nov 17, 2003.

1. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

Per Southern Sports Tonight...they say its all but wrapped up with Jimbo heading to Starkville...God Bless Him!

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Kinda like Saban is gone to the Bears? Give me a break...I don't believe anything is done until it happens...No way Jimbo would let this come out right in the thick of our title hunt....

3. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

He should wait... that Auburn position may well open up soon. That's a much better team, in both talent and prestige.

4. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Yea he really should...at the very least wait till the regular season is over.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

La Tech might be looking for a coach real soon also.

6. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Everyone is saying Petrino is the new guy at Auburn. Tubby is supposed to bow out gracefully for supposed health reasons at a lesser buyout amount. Auburn won't be an option for Jimbo.

As for Mississippi State, I would think Jimbo could recognize a pretty obvious dead end and likely graveyard for any would-be aspiring head coach. The money would only be better in the short term for him at State, not in the long term.

I see Jimbo looking for a spot at a MAC or Conf USA school where he can make some noise and move up to an elite school in a power conference. In fact, I would think the Louisville vacancy created by Petrino's departure would be right up his alley.

7. alaman

alaman Founding Member

I have doubts he is

ready to be a head coach. Saban-We seem to find something that works on offense and get away from it. Also, he hasn't visited yet due to the season and practice going on.

8. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

I agree with all these posts.. but I can't help but think about the fact that Saban's old friend and colleague Morris Watts will quite possibly be available after this year.. I really wouldn't doubt if Nick would prefer to to work with Morris again. Esp since he knows that Watts would not be looking to buck for a HC job at any point.

Watts is a great OC.. I'd be fine with that. Would be funny if Jimbo went to MSU and Watts came back to LSU.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Jimbo's not Head Coaching material, plain and simple.
    He's not ready. If he goes, he'll be an utter failure at MSU with all their problems ... and all of his baggage as well.
    1. They won't have the resources behind him like LSU did.
    2. They won't be able to recruit like LSU does (2 school state)
    3. They won't be able to post winning seasons.
    4. Jimbo is not ready to handle this kind of pressure, even if he attempts to use Saban's LSU formula for success. He has no personality, no charisma.

Maybe in 4 or 5 years after a NC or two at LSU.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Two words why a good, reliable head coach or a up and coming coordinator would not accept a head coaching assignment at the University of Auburn...

Bobby Lowder