JIMBO GONE TO STATE?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RiverRidgeTiger, Nov 17, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Oh...and ramah....as for your comment about Jimbo not wanting to take the job....I think the reasons FOR him to take the job would be as numerous and plentiful as your reasons for not taking it...

First and foremost, Ramah, Fisher has PLENTY of charisma. He's just dialed into the Saban "poker face" system. Trust me, I heard him on the old "Conference Call" and he's quite glib when he wants to be.

He's also in charge of recruiting, and if you don't think he hasn't helped bag some SERIOUS talent with his efforts, then perhaps you should figure out what section of the nation Jimbo recruits...

The other big reason is because there are NO expectations whatsoever placed on Fisher. Because no one expects anyone to do better than Sheryl, then why would anyone expect Fisher, with no head coaching experience, to do any better?

Anything Fisher would do there would be considered a triumph, and be magnified 20 times more than something that a John Thompson would do at a weak team like East Carolina, etc...

Trust me, Jimbo's a nice fit for that team, and he's an excellent recruiter. I wish him well, till he suits up against us...

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Momma on da' bottom (Jimbo)
    Daddeeeeee on Topp (Nick)
    sumptin in the middle
    Goin' flippity FLOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

We'll see, Mr. Educated

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I sure hope that Jimbo waits another year or two...he could win a NC with LSU and really increase his stock.

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

If Scott McKinney and Max Howell say its true, its got to be true. And if Gator Man agrees, then its a done deal. Choo-choo!!!

Valvoline Max Life -- the only motor ole specifically designed for haar mahlage engines

5. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

gator man on???
    gator man gone!!:D :D

6. bigrebelc

bigrebelc Freshman

jimbo not going to state..

the new state coach will be announced right after the game thanksgiving night...and it won't be jimbo...he does currently coach in the sec

7. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I've also heard it will be announced right after the game, but no idea who. If they are doing it before the SECCG, I would bet that it's not someone who will be possibly coaching in that game. If it's an SEC coach, Charlie Strong at Florida could be the man.

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Here's my theory: Charlie Strong is the best candidate. My reasoning is that he is probably the best minority candidate. If he fails at MSU, nobody will disparage him because it's a hard place for anyone to coach. If he succeeds, it will prove his ability as a coach.