Jimbo interviewed with Cleveland Browns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Feb 22, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We are weeks away from spring practice, whether you like Jimbo or not, this IS NOT a good time for him to leave.

At times, I've thought that Jimbo leaves something to be wished for, but I really believe that he was being held back and that he is capable of much more especially in cooperation with Miles.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do you lust after other mens' wives?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Fisher to Browns?

Got nothing against anyone that listens to any offers. He's a coach--a talented and young coach, that has lofty personal goals. If he feels that interviewing with Cleveland can help him reach those goals, then you can't find fault in that.

But as simply a QB coach, I can't imagine that job paying more than a major college OC position (especially since Miles had the reputation of paying his assistant coaches well at OSU--you would think they're even more compensated at LSU). He would have to WANT to go to the pros, and not for the money (which is kind of ironic since damn near everyone in the NFL is in it for the money).

If he leaves now, and if it's indeed for less money, I would think a little less of Jimbo--for loyalty reasons. He had the chance to leave when everything was very much in disarray and Miles had yet to name his staff. But Jimbo decided to stay.

Part of my says, "C'mon Jimbo! You need to stick to your commitment"....

But also, part of me says, "Well, if you want to say you'll stay, and then leave 3 weeks later...." I don't want to think that we were a job he "settled for".