Jimbo Leaning Towards Staying at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Jan 11, 2005.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

It concerns me somewhat of how Jimbo will fit into the mix with Les Miles. Especially if Gary Crowton comes in as the QB coach. That's a whole lot of ego to be dealing with much less in triplicate. Sometimes I think it's best when a new coach comes in that he just bring in his own people.

To be very honest, I thought Jimbo's play calling this year was less than desirable and I'm being kind. Here's just one point: LSU has a tight end in David Jones who is very, very talented with a family legacy in the NFL and we hardly throw to him. In the Arkansas game, his crucial 3rd down catch was IMO the catalyst for the offensive show.

It'll definitely be interesting to see if Crowton, Jimbo and Miles can all operate on the same page. Crowton has been a head coach and an NFL coordinator, so for those worried that he doesn't have SEC experience you shouldn't.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Based on what we've seen the last couple of years, our offense has been OK, at best, and terrible at worst. I don't know if that's Jimbo or not. If it is, I wouldn't mind seeing him leave. If it was Saban and/or a function of the talent, I would be interested to see what he can do under Coach Miles.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i assume you mean "John Denver", but I don't get it. "Thank God I'm a country boy"? "Rocky Mountain High"? plane crash? "sun comes up I've got cakes on the griddle"? what?

4. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I'm thinking that since Jimbo and Les are like minded they may come up with some really interesting stuff.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"the last couple of years, our offense has been OK, at best, and terrible at worst. "

2003 - Points by game
    Avg 34 pts a game

2004 - Points by game
    Avg 29 pts a game

Thats not to bad...

6. NoLimitMD

Come on TexasTigers, take out the "St. Mary's School for the Blind" games, and the defensive scores, and you can see what I mean.

That's simply, at worst, a terrible offense.

7. TexasTigers

I would not say Terrible, great of course not but this team was built on Defense. Fact is if you score 24-30 points in a football game in the SEC you should win the game. Do you put up Louiville #s of course not but the Big East/Conf USA does not have Defenses like UGA, UF, Auburn and Alabama...

If you look at those scores, (I dont want to do that math I hate math)
    They were at 25 points a game. I think.

8. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Yep, that John Denver. He is usually associated with optimism/happiness. Sunshine, happines, high on life type of stuff. "John Denver" veiw of things means the best senario, the most optimistic view.

9. NoLimitMD

No, I see your point, and don't wanna split hairs on this. But just watching their games this year, the offense was very tough to watch. IMO, occasionally terrible. We were built on defense, and the offense was predicated on not losing the game, but even still, repeated three and outs from blown passes or lackluster playcalling just doesn't cut it. Not with the talent we had at all positions except one! :cool:

10. TexasTigers

He is also associated with how NOT to build a home made airplane...