Jimmy Carter= Crazy? Possibly

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

its not working KCAL, you try and try so hard to try to rattle me, but i could care less about you and your lil whole in Kentucky. McCain has alot of people who he is associated with that have done and said very despicable things in the past.

Obama was on a few panels with this guy, Obama didnt plant any bombs, nor has he ever believe in what Ayers believed in. Nice try though, its not like you are voting for him. So direct your intentions towards someone who actually cares what you think.

Officially on Ignore

1 person likes this.
  2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Couldn't care less...:thumb:

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's interesting. At 50, folks feel wise but generally only offer "wisdom" when invited. Somewhere after 62, these same folks go out of their way to cram their "wisdom" down your throat. You know - the funny old lady in the supermarket who hunts you down to tell you that you shouldn't let your kid stand up in the cart like that, etc.

I think of Jimmah as the Lou Holtz of politics.

And, although he is a good person, he was not a good executive. Ineffective. More of a micromanager than a leader.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He ruined the lives of many American athletes who never got to take part in the 1980 Summer Olympics.

This was his answer for the Soviets invading Afghanistan. Oooooh, how scary!

His mantra: "Speak softly and carry something even softer"

He weakened America greatly in just 4 years.

Thank goodness Ronald Reagan was elected and totally reversed the cold war in our favor and effectively destroyed the Soviet Union and it's Iron Curtain.

5. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Dude, I served in the USAF under Carter admin...Jimmy Carter (although I do think he has a good heart) is a puss! Thats a flaw you cannot have sitting in the oval office!!!

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I don't think Carter was a great president. That's why he lost the second election.

On the other hand, I think talking to Hamas is a good thing. If you want to see a terrorist insurrection that was actually SOLVED, look at N. Ireland. Hear of any IRA bombings or sniper attacks lately? No. How did it end? Negotiated settlement with Sinn Fein, the political arm of the IRA. 30 years of stiff upper lip and hard tail tactics just kept a steady stream of body bags on both sides. A PRACTICAL POLITICAL settlement, compromise on both sides won the peace. Watch and learn from history.

3 people like this.
  7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

You're talking about two completely different types of people here bud. There is no way to compare the IRA to Hamas. Two completely different situations....

1 person likes this.
  8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

No two situations are the same. There are substantial similarities, however. They both involved opposite religious views, and the use of terror to further their political aims.

Do you think we'll be better off not talking to Hamas and not attempting a negotiated settlement? One may not be available, but we won't know if we don't talk to them.

Do you have any better ideas on how to get them to stop tossing rockets and using suicide bombers?

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Clinton did.:grin:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The situations are very similar. Hamas is focused on Israel, just as the IRA was focused on Britain, neither were international terrorists. The IRA was just as ruthless and deadly to civilians, they even assassinated a member of the royal family.

The carrot AND the stick have always worked better that the carrot OR the stick.

We negotiated with the Soviets throughout the Cold War. Talking directly with an adversary doesn't mean that we love them. It's far better to tell them our terms face to face without it being filtered through European or Arab allies.