JJ deserves his own thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Nov 6, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I am too drunk to go into detail and my victory cigar is burning on the back porch, but I just want to say JJ - GREAT GAME BABY!!!! YOU DESERVE THIS ONE, SMILE & ENJOY IT!!!

You guys elaborate, I'll be at the Texans game in the morning, see ya monday!!

1 person likes this.
  2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I was actually thinking the same thing in all of this. Where is praise for JJ? The guy threw some nice passes (could have had a couple more caught), and showed serious gumption to get it done.

Folks probably will let this one sort of "go quietly into the night", since I think most if not all of the folks on this board were ready to bench JJ permanently. But, what I kept saying during the game was hmmm JJ wants this. Miles and Crowton seemed to stick to the two QB system, but I kept saying, "is he gonna get pulled, is he coming in?" They kept the hot hand in. We sometimes underestimate, how difficult it is to feel out the ebb and flow of a game, when to make tough calls, but also when to pull a player and put someone in. I thought JJ gave us great dimension with his feet, and then, showed he could throw the ball too. Miles and Crowton are to be commended as well for having the insight to stay with JJ, when probably most of the folks in the stands expected to see and wanted Lee.

Sometimes, when we consider the "coaching" resume of the Saban vs. Miles, we attribute all of this "coaching" talent to Saban. In actuality, he's at times less of a game time mastermind, and more of just a preparation freak and "figurehead" in his own style. For better or worse, Miles actually has a lot more going on with his team, his fans, his calls, the balancing act in a game. Perhaps sometimes, it's just disarray, but perhaps another way of looking at it is, it's actually some coaching dexterity. He showed today, many of the positives that he brings.

Let's hope everyone can build on this. But, for the time being, enjoy the win, Jordan and Miles.

1 person likes this.
  3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Amen - and I hope the feeling lasts for the rest of the season. :geaux:

4. cywar1

cywar1 BIGG DOGG

HATS OFF TO JJ .. IT WOULD BE NICE IF HE COULD DO THAT EVERY SATURDAY ..

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

JJ definitely played very well today. He executed the plays well and threw some good passes. With any luck, this win will be a huge confidence builder for him, as well as the rest of the offensive line, and today's magic will carry over into the rest of the season.
    :geaux:

6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I think he deserves an "atta boy" for a solid second half!
    I often criticize when he does bad so I'll give him his props for today.

7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Another thing...Jefferson laid a heck of a block on the reverse play. He played well. Glad to see it.

8. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

I have certainly been very critical of JJ this year but if it wasn't for him we would have been completely blown out two weeks ago and tonight he threw the ball with confidence for the first time since the first half of the Carolina game. Props to JJ and hopefully the light has come on. He seems to be running the option a bit better also.

1 person likes this.
  9. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

This has nothing to do with JJ...I'm just here on the most recently posted on thread to say that I've never been happier to have sucked at pick 'em. Geaux Aggies! Geaux Kansas!

Geaux Tigers, lol.

Chalk this down to being a good day.

10. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Damn you beat me to it. I'll just second that. JJ played great today, I'm happy for him. That block on the 4th down reverse was awesome! Congrats to you JJ on a great game and a huge win.

Also, JL, great heart and poise to step up in the pocket and make that 3rd down to win the game!